Aquarium concepts

clown tangs are beautiful. u gonna qt it???

verdict_in I should but don’t have 1 at this time, :SURRENDER, I know I’m dumb for not,and I could get screwed if I don’t. Its on my list of things to get

i stopped in, had good prices and they also have 10% off for the next 2 weeks. i picked up a nice coral banded for $13

I dropped by late the other night. closed, but saw it has two ailes of fish tanks . 12 or 14 shallow 8 footers for SW fish and stuff. with sumps. and the other rows stacked 3 high of smaller tanks for SW and FW fish. Near zero tank supplies, so its pretty much a fish store. Looked nice. saw lots of tangs having a good time in the long tanks. I’ll have to drop by when they are open.

I stopped into the store today for the first time, I think they just opened yesterday.

My first impression was that it was a very neat store, not much in the way of corals at all:(

Tons of fish!!! No freshwater fish yet, he said in the next few days the shipments would arrive, but awesome selection of fish, and 2 large 8 foot tanks with big tangs and angels cruising around. I was impressed with the selection and saw some neat/not common species, I would certainly recommend anyone looking for fish to check it out, I am hopeful that his coral selection might grow. Prices seemed fairly competetive. Very little in the way of dry goods but looked like he had the essentials.

Anyone been here lately? When we went there weren’t any freshwater fish yet, but a decent selection of SW and great prices. He also had jellyfish which I’ve never seen anywhere before and I’ve been to A LOT of fish stores! I hope this guy makes it, but his store is pretty small and he has next to nothing in dry goods.

Stopped in there today, decent amount of fish fresh and salt, had some fish food for dry goods still had 2 jellyfish. Pretty clean store, pricing was not to bad.

Where is it?? I look everytime I ride by and don’t see it

Other side of Kirkwood Highway from Millcreek Fire House.

I was in last week and wasn’t overly impressed. There were some nice fish that we don’t usually get to see in local stores, some nice big show piece fish, and the pretty blue jellies. Unfortunately 2 of the 4 jellyfish were stuck in the LR they had in the tank.

There were a lot of shrimp, and some good pricing, and Steve was a nice guy. Sounds like they have big plans for the store, will be interested in what they bring in for coral selection once the tanks are ready for them.

I haven’t been their yet, but very sad to hear jellyfish are getting caught in live rock which they shouldn’t be kept with. Any idea what type they were?

Anyone know if he was expecting more corals in?

I was there today and dont remember seeing any live rock in there tank. John they were a short almost no tentacle.

Like this one

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=blue+jellyfish&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&sa=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1280&bih=614&tbm=isch&tbnid=YRuWT98_v4iW4M:&imgrefurl=http://forum.chatdd.com/photo-gallery-wallpapers-world/50336-blue-blubber-jellyfish.html&docid=lLva5fGfNIeKRM&imgurl=http://lh6.ggpht.com/_LbS5An41vu4/Sh6SMgCxrKI/AAAAAAAAnAI/KatkZnNxvOM/DSC_1149.JPG&w=1600&h=1064&ei=fGaWTvuIKq3H0AGX9pS6BA&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=449&sig=104632241127433477994&page=3&tbnh=119&tbnw=176&start=41&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:41&tx=76&ty=54

Yep, they were blue blubber jellyfish. I was surprised to see the live rock in there with them as well. I googled them because I thought they were really awesome looking and were moving around a lot but apparently they are quite difficult to keep and have a short life span.

and jellies have a tendency to get stuck in things - like rock, decorations, and corners of the tank. Jellies should be kept in cylindrical aquariums with minimal flow (as they get blown around better than they swim).

I looked into jelly fish tanks they are also rounded at the top. Now I know why they did that :slight_smile: I might go by there today to check out the new store. That is closer then DPA.
Anyone know if they carried live phyto?

[quote=“JustSumGuy, post:34, topic:4480”]
I looked into jelly fish tanks they are also rounded at the top. Now I know why they did that :slight_smile: I might go by there today to check out the new store. That is closer then DPA.
Anyone know if they carried live phyto?[/quote]

I didn’t see a fridge there and considering DT’s is out of business, not sure how much live phyto is going to
be around. DPA has a different brand there carring but have not used it yet.

[quote=“billrob71, post:35, topic:4480”]

[quote=“JustSumGuy, post:34, topic:4480”]
Anyone know if they carried live phyto?[/quote]

I didn’t see a fridge there and considering DT’s is out of business, not sure how much live phyto is going to
be around. DPA has a different brand there carring but have not used it yet.[/quote]

That sucks… I always got DT’s for my copepods. Never saw any live phyto at DPA I have even asked about it and they have not carried it for as long as I have been going there.

I cant remember the name but it is in the fridge behind the counter, in a white bottle and caller phyto something.

[quote=“JustSumGuy, post:36, topic:4480”]
That sucks… I always got DT’s for my copepods. Never saw any live phyto at DPA I have even asked about it and they have not carried it for as long as I have been going there.[/quote]

I still have some frozen bottles of nanochloropsis that I used to feed to my roti’s - not sure if it’d work for copepods though

I like feeding live for a few reasons. One it is not dead so my biological filter is not being over loaded and two they stay in the water column for all to eat. That is my view atleast I know there are pro’s and con’s with everything we do. But to me it just makes sense. In the wild corals and clams and etc eat live phyto along with many other organisms. I get scared having to spot feed animals so much of the dead stuff that comes in a bottle they are not going to eat all of the food the current will take it in places nothing will touch it so then the bacteria has more work to do breaking it down. As of today my clams finally moved to the back of the tank for none to see, giving they are a bit more challenging to keep alive then clams and the such I want to give a good effort of making everything happy.

I am also going to give a try at raising some live brine for the tank. Everybody in the tank loves brine haha.
I am going to check AC out after my son gets out of school. I am in the market for a pair of clowns to try and host my RBTA either Maroon gold stripes or Sebae clownfish.

Anyone know if they have problems hosting when the anemone is only 3-4 inches wide? My Sebae is probably close to 10" when its open and hosted by 3 Occelaris clowns. One 3"+ and two 1"

I would think they would host it but in most case the female grows alot bigger then the male and may get alot bigger then then anem as far a 3 inch bubble tip. I had a gold stripe maroon clown pair host my carpet for a long time. Never had a bubble tip long enough for it to get big enough.