Bills 300 gallon tank build

OK all thanks to Chris and Jared and my neighbor John, my new marine-land double deep 300
is here and on the stand and currently filling with water. I have pictures of the tear down of the old wall were the 180 was and up to currant filling with water. I’ll post pics soon.

Tank will mainly be SPS, CLAMS , some LPS, zoas and of coarse CLAMS. As of now all the old lighting will be over the new tank but working on LED’s to replace the halides. Tank has 2 MP40’s and couple other modded maxi jets, and a quiet one 9000 for return and to fill the surge tank that will be added later.

GolfC GolfC GolfC
Oh baby, this going to awesome. YahoO

Bill, think of having sea swirls as returns.

Congrats on the successful move of getting the tank from DPA to stand in the basement. No small feat. I can’t wait to see some build pics. I think yours will be the first tank in the club with a major surge tank system included. That will be real nice to watch work and sway the fish and coral polyps around.

Thanks guys.

Rosti for now just gonna use the standard returns but maybe later switch to something different. I'm gotta alot of funds to put twards the lighting so other then a controller gonna work on the LED's.

Ken that thing was a monster but not too bad. Thought getting it down stairs was gonna be the big problem but ended up being not bad at all. Getting it up on that stand was little more of a challenge but the little cart I used lifted it up real nice and made things alot easier. Big thanks to Charlie for letting me use the cart.

nice goin bill. can’t wait for pics. are you sure about the clams? cause i have room if you decide against having them.

Paul if you want you can bring your whole tank and everything up and sit it inside in the corner inside the tank if you want :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck with the build. :BEER Looking forward to seeing how it progresses. PBJ! Can’t wait to see pics. ::thumbsup::

Yeah I can’t wait to see pics of this one. Even better I can’t wait to be invited over for a beer to see it in person (HINT)

So what are the dimensions of a 300 double deep?

No problem at all Craig

Once I get the basement recovered from the water I had couple storms back everyone is more then welcome to come see it.

dimensions are 6 foot long, 3 foot wide and 27 inches tall. ::thumbsup::

John I’ll get pics posted tonight. Ran out of time last night.

Congrats Bill! I envy you with the 300g DD. My dream tank as well. Keep us posted with the build and good luck. Can’t wait to see the pics.

Ok

Here is some pics for ya

Thanks for the update and pics Bill. Nice!

[quote=“reefman66, post:14, topic:4557”]
Thanks for the update and pics Bill. Nice![/quote]great pics bill. what’s the hp on that pump. better still, what’s the skimmer story?

Paul heres the stats on the pump copy and paisted both. TOO MUCH TYPING ;D

Lifegard Aquatics Quiet One pumps can be used in either wet or dry applications. All aquarium models come with a 6` cord. High quality, corrosion resistant ceramic bearings help ensure quiet operation and longer life. Specs for the Quiet One 9000, use Wet or Dry, Flow Rate: 2328 gph, Inlet / Outlet: 1 1/2" MPT x 1 1/2" MPT, Dimensions: 9.5" x 7.5" x 6.5", Max Head: 19.0 ft. Power Consumption: 145 Watts

As far as my skimmer, I’ve had the skimmer but bought it with the sole purpose for this tank.

New SWC Xtreme 250 1A cone protein skimmer

11 inch diameter 25 inch height 140 mm(5.5) inch neck

Single pump

A 1 piece seamless conical protein skimmer. This is an Industry first! We are proud to be the leaders in skimmer technology. There are no seams on this cone body to leak.

The ORIGINAL Xtreme protein skimmer!
Comes with an Italian made Askoll 1500 pump. Custom enlarged injection moulded volute,venturi and pinwheel. An integrated removable bubble plate to help reduce turbulence within the protein skimmer.
Extra-wide necks in the design to allow for more air flow. Wedge pipe output allows you to adjust the skimmer and have fine control of the water level. Custom injection moulded pin wheel impeller for perfect balance. Custom injection moulded volute and venturi. Every single one is the same! No milled volutes for tolerence issues. This is an industry first! We are proud to be the leaders in skimmer technology.

Up to 70scfh of air pull using custom pin wheel impeller. These are real numbers not hyped numbers.
Power factor of up to .53 The best in the industry!
Draws less than 70 watts of electricity per pump.
Quick release neck on the collection cup - requires 1/2 inch of clearance to remove the cup.
Can be converted to run single pass in sump by unscrewing 2 unions!
Air results can vary depending on individuals’ aquarium setup.
Recommended water depth 6-8 inches.
Can be used in sump or in recirculation mode.
Foot Print in inches (L x W x H): 18 x 15 x 24

Xtreme 250 ASOR Cone Skimmer
tank ratings
Light Bioload Medium Bioload Heavy Bioload
700 500 400

WOW!!! Great looking tank!!! Coming along very nice. Thanks for the pics,Bill.

Thanks John

RO running for over a day and only about a 1/3 full.  Got some of the plumbing done tonight.

Oh Wow! You will have a proper equipment/frag/tank room behind the display tank. That is Super! I cant wait to see the lab.

Are you going to set up a Carlson Surge system? or some other configuration?

Thanks Ken.

I am doing a surge tank , but not sure which I'm doing yet and it will be later since doing that will mess with the water height in the sump which will mess the skimmer up. I need to reconfigure it as a recirculating 

type but gonna get the tank up and running first.