Bills 300 gallon tank build

[quote=“billrob71, post:18, topic:4557”]
Thanks John

RO running for over a day and only about a 1/3 full.  Got some of the plumbing done tonight.[/quote]

What no 300 gpd RO unit Bill??? ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::

[quote=“Pat B, post:21, topic:4557”]

[quote=“billrob71, post:18, topic:4557”]
Thanks John

RO running for over a day and only about a 1/3 full.  Got some of the plumbing done tonight.[/quote]

What no 300 gpd RO unit Bill??? ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::[/quote]

::bs::

I need to just come and get yours

This is going to be a sweet tank. Talking with Bill it seems as if he has thought an awful lot out ahead of time. I know he’s been dreaming of this tank for a while. Glad to see it in place!

Bill I will be around most of the day today if you want to swing by. Just give me a call before you come.

Thanks John and if it goes any slower I’ll be going backwards verdict_in Doing a little at a time.

Here is some new pics

Hey Bill, how are those LEDs? what other type of lighting are you using over that tank?

i love your minimilistic approach to your aquascape!!! keep it just like that hahaha lOl

The new LED is in the center , the left and right side lights are 250 HQI MH (phoenix bulbs) I have 2- six foot UVL VHO super atinics and 2 six foot LED tubes in blue.

The new MH has alot more shimmer then the MH but they are alot more white and it lights 90% of the tank. I'm gonna change the LED chip and gonna had a lens to try and concentrate the lens more. If I can get it dialed in I'll order the  other 2 otherwise new MH bulbs I'll be getting.

[quote=“Kdino, post:26, topic:4557”]
i love your minimilistic approach to your aquascape!!! keep it just like that hahaha lOl[/quote]

LOL thanks Kyle I think I’ll have fun aqua scaping it. I have 4 very large rocks to put in it. Should be similar to the 180 but not exact.

OK managed to get all the rocks dipped for polyclad flatworm and the hour long fight to get my green carpet unanchored out of it’s hole in the rock verdict_in but did it with alot of ice cubes and flat blade. Well see how he does. Anyway couple pics with just the LED on, gonna put the other metal halide back on till the new LED chip comes in. All thats in there so far is the 4 big boulder rocks

Well got my aqua scaping done today and added my sand after I cleaned it. Heres some pics

The back side

Nicely done Bill. Great scaping.

Thanks

Alot of work, not it's just the waiting game.

Are you just piling the rocks or how are you keeping them together?

Kinda but I was matching them up as I go so there no chance of them falling. The big rock bridge in the middle I was concerned with but it seems to be very sturdy but thinking of adding a little adhesive just to make sure. I like the idea that there is no rocks touching any of the walls and there should be a decent amount of water flow all around them. ::thumbsup::

Nice job Bill, looks great!!!

Thanks John,

I'm real happy to see it up and running. Now gotta get the rest of the basement put back together.

Looking good Bill. I gots to find your place someday and check the tank out.

Thanks Ken

No problem, I'm trying to get things put back together downstairs.

[quote=“billrob71, post:38, topic:4557”]
Thanks Ken

No problem, I'm trying to get things put back together downstairs.[/quote]

gonna be stunning, bill. nice job

Thanks Paul ::thumbsup::