Bills 300 gallon tank build

Its looking great Bill ::thumbsup:: top notch, and great job with all the progress pics and info…
awesome dimensions on that tank, serious swimming space… btw, did you keep your fish, or starting over?

Thanks John

I kept the purple tang, my copper band butter fly and my leopard wrasse but the wrasse has stayed in the sand since I put him in. Saw him tonight for about 10 seconds and then back in the sand. I had a heater stay on in the 110 and overheated the anthias so none of those made it. >:::

I'm still contemplating my fish list but I will have a Achilles tang this time since theres enough room but but not sure what else yet.

OK heres a up-date on the pics. The tank is starting to come back together. I need the par meter to check what the new LED is gonna be capable of. Looks alot better then the MH lights .

I really like all the room you have in there. Looks spacious… Is this going to be an SPS/LPS dominated tank?

Hey is that a big GSP rock in th middle?

Thanks Ken

It's gonna be mainly SPS and Clams. The LPS in there is about all thats going in there except maybe some acans.

I'm super happy with the LED light so happy that the MH are gonna be leaving. The LED has better color somewhere between 14k-20k and alot more shimmer but alot crisper light.

great start! keep the updates coming in. the top shows fantastic water movement. love the arch for a swim through.

Those led’s look awesome and the whole tank is amasing. No question about having enough room, coming along just fantastic. Nice job Bill.

Thanks guys 

Theres alot of swimming room for sure and so much real estate for corals and clams. YahoO

I would have to agree that is a very nice tank… Love how much room is still left in there for whatever you want to add. I just said something to the fiance. “Look how roomie it could be if I had a 300 gallon tank” haha then she reminded me I would need money to buy a tank that big lOl

Definitely ::thumbsup:: ::thumbsup:: ::thumbsup:: Bill!!!

very nice i do like the open area too, i need a bigger tank lol!

Nice tank bill looks great ::thumbsup::

Nice job on the build. I’m still working on that 180 I got from you. It’s coming along nice though. I really have to come by and see yours. Stopped by the LFS but u were off. Great job.

Hey Todd welcome to the site. Tank is getting there but slow. I’ll try and get some new pictures and post.

Cool Bill, can’t wait to see more progress pics YahoO

and todd… :Welcome) to DRC

Ok sorry for the long interval, I’ve got new MH bulbs should be here tomorrow and figured I’d do some pics prior. All the frags are not mounted yet but are growing. Clams are doing well except for the picking every once in a while by the copper band. Add 3 hippos and there getting along pretty nice, need couple more blue eyed anthias , a chevron and a achylies and thats about the extent of the fish.

nice pics bill.glad everything is doing well.

Thanks John,

Everything is doing and I"m finally starting to get coralline growing on the overflows ::thumbsup::

still looks empty. but i cant wait till all those corals grow up for a year or so and start to round out the rock piles. its going to look great.

::thumbsup::

It looks great Bill. The hippo’s… thats pretty cool.