Casey's 220 build, gonna be slow.

Looks pretty good Casey. It didn’t blotch on you like you thought it would?

Thanks A, didn’t blotch to bad. Hoping it will hold that brighter rich color after it dries then I’ll be happly.

Starting to look good. I like the wood grain finish so much more than flat black.

Thanks scott. Stain turned out alot better than i expected it to. Finishing it with a high gloss clear coat to seal up the wood to withstand the moisture/humidity from the sump/fuge area.

If all goes as planned, all 4 doors will be be completely detachable so i will have complete access to underneath the stand without a door being in the way.

Will your sump and fuge be independent of one another or will one feed the other? Just trying to visualize a 40B and a 20H in tandem.

Together. I will most likely have the return feed the fuge and have it drain via drilled hole, back into sump. Or have a split in the drain line from one of the overflows in the tank feed the fuge.

Heres some more progress guys. Got the skins finished but still working on doors. Everything got 3 coats of stain and 3 coats of polyurethane. Also me and the little man worked on cleaning up the tank a little this past week.

Layed the skins on to get a feel of hows shes gonna look and snapped a shot…sorry for the bad quality.

Hope you all enjoy!

Man casey thats looking good!! Shes gonna be real nice when its all finished. Are you going to do a canopy now or after you start cycling?

Thanks scotty, Gonna wait till i get the tank started cycling before i start the canopy.

Looks great Casey. Trip looks like he’s really enjoyed helping.

Making me jealous

[quote=“reefman66, post:30, topic:6691”]
Looks great Casey. Trip looks like he’s really enjoyed helping.[/quote]
he really does enjoy getting in there and helping out.

[quote=“beadlocked450r, post:31, topic:6691”]
Making me jealous[/quote]
Should have kept it man.lol

You said this was gonna be slow. You should have said full steam ahead. Lol. Looks great man.

Little more progress. Got the bar top cut and the tanks corner molding cut, molding on the wall cut so the stand will slide right up against the wall. Still nee to attach they crown molding, stain the bar and attach it. Rounding the corner to the finish line. Hope you guys enjoy!!

Are you gonna waterproof the back wall for water damage. Something to considered before you start putting stuff under there. Especially where the sump water splashes. When I took my 120 out, the back wall was all messed up. I’m not sure if or how you can waterproof it thought.

Yes the whole room will get painted before the tank is in place for good. I honestly thought about sealing off the back of the stand but havent made up my mind yet. If not, i wonder if i kilz the wall behind the stand then paint it the color we are going with?
Thanks for the heads up A.

The water proofing idea is good. My wall behind my tank is all messed up from my tank as well. Never thought it would mess it up like that. If I ever move the tank I will fix it and water proof it some how.

[quote=“BigCase, post:36, topic:6691”]
Yes the whole room will get painted before the tank is in place for good. I honestly thought about sealing off the back of the stand but havent made up my mind yet. If not, i wonder if i kilz the wall behind the stand then paint it the color we are going with?
Thanks for the heads up A.[/quote]

Maybe just close off 3/4 way up the back with panels. If you close up all the way you will have problems with cords and others that need to go through the back.

I’m not sure about kilz. Can that be painted over? if so, that maybe a thought.

[quote=“reefman66, post:38, topic:6691”]

[quote=“BigCase, post:36, topic:6691”]
Thanks for the heads up A.[/quote]

Maybe just close off 3/4 way up the back with panels. If you close up all the way you will have problems with cords and others that need to go through the back.

I’m not sure about kilz. Can that be painted over? if so, that maybe a thought.[/quote]

One end of the stand will have a dry cabinet where all electrical stuff will be housed to keep plugs and other things from corroding and keep them nice and clean.
I’m not sure if kill can be painted or not. Covering the back 3/4 the way up is def doable.

Casey, I have been running my tank with the exact same stand you have built for almost 10 yrs now and never have had a problem with the back wall getting wet or damaged. If your sump is splashing water over the top, then there is something not right. Splashing water means there will be noise, you don’t want that. Your sump tank should not be filled that high in the first place. All the return lines from the main tank can be set up so they DON’T splash. With having a large tank in your living room or other location in your house, you want it to be as quiet as possible.
I can post pics if you like.