Casey's 220 build, gonna be slow.

Yes that would be great. How do you have your drains setup?

Check out page 55 of this thread - This is what I did on my 90 (little smaller scale - he’s using LARGE pipe) and it works great.

having problems posting anything on this website, will try again later

John where is the filter bag?or floss? That stops all my bubbles

That bubble killer setup is great.
I just use filter socks on my drain lines and a bubble trap in my sump.

Drain lines without socks, plenty of bubbles.

with filter socks on

How do you have your drains setup? Megaflow, durso, herbie, BA?

What do you guys think, paint the back black or blue?
Also what kinda sand yall recommend for a good 4-5 inch sand bed? Ive always used aragonite seafloor grade.

Thanks

I use a regular hand made durso. I don’t like the factory ones and yo can do your own for like $5 or $10 max.

As for a background, I would go with blue (my opinion only). Black absorbs light while other colors will reflect light to some degree.

I got my sand from Atlantic sea farms in Virginia Beach. It has all kinds of different grains in it and is the most natural sand I’ve ever used. Considering if your gonna buy locally I prefer a sugar size grain myself.

Here’s what I prefer:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+9805+7321&pcatid=7321
activated with this:

and later this:

I use the durso system on my overflows.

[quote=“Downbeach, post:48, topic:6691”]
Here’s what I prefer:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+9805+7321&pcatid=7321
activated with this:

and later this:
http://www.ipsf.com/reefworms.html[/quote]

I’ve never seen that website before - I’m gonna be checking that out.

I am using the durso’s and I have window tint on the back of my tank,no light through and easy enough to remove. And once the coralline started growing on the back the glare/reflection was gone

Thanks guys for your input.

Jason, may have a possible trade for my MP10 for a 1yr old dart/snapper hybrid. fingers crossed.

I run Herbie overflows and back is painted black. IMO, I like the way the coral and fish pop against the black background compared to blue.

Not alot of progress, Staining and polyurethening takes some time. Everything is done except the front doors, staning them kinda turned a bit when sanding them so gotta redo the staining on them. Side doors are done, dry compartment is sealed and in, BAR TOP IS IN for all your alcoholics…hahaha, bar topper is like a sheet of glass.
Heres how she looks, hope yall enjoy.

Before:

After:

Looks good! Love the bar top idea. It’s going to be really convenient when feeding, dosing or doing virtually anything else in the tank.

Wow man - you’re doing this right!

Not a lot done on the tank lately. Took a break from the staining, sanding and polyurethene and worked on another part of the project. Im ALMOST as excited about this, as i am about the tank itself.

Here ya go, 2- 100gl ace tote containers. Will be plumbed together with 1 as a saltwater mixing container and 1 a RO/DI only container. Will be able to simply mix water pumping from one tank to the other.

I feel like I’m watching an episode of Mr.Saltwater tank :smiley:

What pump are you going to use for the fresh/salt tanks? Setup is PRIMO!

HAHA thanks rob. Believe it or not i got these tanks for free. Thats 300+ i didnt have to spend. Havent decided on a pump, probably whatever i can get the cheapest. Been looking around online for some used external pumps.

BTW rob, i havent forgot about the 40/20. Plan to get them possibly this weekend coming up.

Can’t beat free stuff. Way to go Casey. Also assuming the DT tank is right behind that wall?