Club trip to Atlantis

I would love to go, but you have scheduled the trip on a Saturday which will make it almost impossible for me to get off work. I work weekends all summer long and for what ever reason I have an easier time getting someone to cover for me on Sunday’s.

If it is possible to do the trip on Sunday I would really appreciate it as I would hate to miss it. I will be asking my husband to come also if the day can be changed.

I have no preference whatsoever. I just know that traditionally Saturday is always a much better day for these kinds of things. We have done so many polls and they always seem to turn out the same. I also know that we have several members with church obligations that might conflict with sunday events.

If there is anyone that will absolutely not be able to make any Saturday in July but will absolutely be able to make any Sunday in July please post and let me know.

You can place me on the list for this trip. I’ll have to get back to you on how many +1’s. I know my wife wanted to take the kids to NY for a trip. This just might be the catalyst.

Shawn,
I would love to go. I have been wanting to get up there to see this aquarium for a while. I think I may actually be free in July. If there is room please put me down for 1

Im going to let this thread go until 4/1/2010. I will then set an exact date based on everyone’s input and make sure that everyone on this list is still available to go. At that point i would ask that everyone treat the trip as a commitment. If something comes up between now and then let us know as soon as possible so that we can get someone to take your place. I dont mind an empty seat or two in the van i just want to avoid not using tickets that the club paid for in advance!

If there is room please put me down for 1
Absolutely. You know that your always welcome!
You can place me on the list for this trip
cool. just get back to me with your +1's. Children are a little cheaper.

This is the group rate pricing for aquarium only admission

Pre-K – 6th Grade: $12.00 7th Grade – 12th Grade: $14.50 Adults 18 – 61: $14.50 Seniors 62+: $12.00 2 & under: Free

As i mentioned before, the group discount is pretty significant. So even if your a registered
member and have to pay for your ticket/transportation it’s still going to be MUCH cheaper
than going on your own. Great opportunity for everyone.

This is the regular price for aquarium only admission

General Admission Children 3-17: $18.50 plus tax Adults 18-61: $21.50 plus tax Seniors 62+: $18.50 plus tax Children 2 & Under: Free Green Key Cardholders: 10% Off General Admission (with card)

Shawn + 1.5
Paul
Afrieda
Ken
Kyle(not available weekends of the 3rd and 24th)
Mike
Chad

Also, if for whatever reason we end up with a small group needing only one van i will certainly be openminded to looking into possibly upgrading the tickets if there is interest. It would be one of those things we would have to play by ear. Here are some of the additional options.

Atlantis Marine World Explorer Tour Boat Group Rates (15 or more; advance reservations required; one free adult chaperone for each 10 paid children's admissions ages 3 - 21; one free adult chaperone for each adult/senior group; unavailable on 12pm & 2pm excursions in July and August only) Pre-K – 6th Grade: $14.00 7th Grade – 12th Grade: $15.00 Adults 18 – 61: $15.00 Seniors 62+: $14.00 2 & under: $5.00

Land & Sea Package (Aquarium & Tour Boat Combo)
(15 or more; advance reservations required; one free adult chaperone for each 10 paid children’s admissions
ages 3 - 21; one free adult chaperone for each adult/senior group; unavailable on 12pm & 2pm excursions in July and August only).
Pre-K – 6th Grade: $24.00
7th Grade – 12th Grade: $26.00
Adults 18 – 61: $26.00
Seniors 62+: $24.00
2 & under: $5.00

Atlantis Marine World Education Programs
Classroom (35 students max.): $2.00 per person
Auditorium (36 – 120 participants): $2.00 per person
Large Group (121+): Call for pricing
Outreach (30 students max.; 3 program minimum): $280.00
Outreach (30 students max.; 4+ programs): $75 each additional program

A travel surcharge of $25.00 will be added to Outreach Programs outside of Suffolk County.

Additional/Supplemental Fees
Buttons: $1.00 each
Submarine Simulator: $2.00 per person with reservation
Discovery Tower: $2.00 per person with reservation
Behind-the-Scenes Tour/Aquarium Aquaculture (12 person max.): $2.00 per person
Plight of the Parrots: $30.00 per group
Boxed Lunches: $4.95 per person
Ice Cream: $2.50 per person

The Riverhead Foundation
Classroom (30 students max.): $125.00
Auditorium (31 – 120 participants): $200.00
Behind the Scenes Tour (20 person max.): $125.00
Marine Anatomy and Physiology (20 person max.): $450.00
Field Programs: Call for pricing

oh oh pick me pick me i want to go. The blonde wants to go as well.

Shawn + 1.5
Paul
Afrieda
Ken
Mike
Chad
JJ + 1

TOTAL
8 members 1 non-member

Guys, just wanted to chime in here. This is definatley worth the trip. Shawn, you should see if they will give a behind the scenes tour to you guys… when we went it was only an additional 5$ per person. Quite impressive setup.

To everyone who is wondering if its worth it… the tank is about 30 feet long, 10 feet wide, and about 8 feet deep. They also have awesome exhibits in addition to the main reef tank including a cuttlefish tank, a LARGE shark tank, and what I would guess is a 4’x4’x4’ clownfish/anemone tank. Also lots of other stuff… my memory is just terrible so I can only remember some of the stuff. Definatley worth the trip.

Shawn, you should see if they will give a behind the scenes tour to you guys... when we went it was only an additional 5$ per person.

Absolutely Bellamy. What im thinking is if the turnout is small then i can communicate with the group that is going directly and possibly upgrade the tickets to include something like this on the club. If the turnout is bigger its probably not going to be possible but any individual wanting to do so can let me know and upgrade their ticket on their own.

John or Bellamy - google maps is giving me about a 3.5 hour eta from Newark to Atlantis. Does this sound right to you guys? I know because of highway speeds vs speedlimits its typically much less but i wanted to get your opinions.

Shawn + 1.5
Paul
Afrieda
Ken
Mike
Chad
JJ + 1
Marty + 1

TOTAL
9 members 2 non-member

[quote=“logans_daddy, post:22, topic:2780”]
I have no preference whatsoever. I just know that traditionally Saturday is always a much better day for these kinds of things. We have done so many polls and they always seem to turn out the same. I also know that we have several members with church obligations that might conflict with sunday events.

If there is anyone that will absolutely not be able to make any Saturday in July but will absolutely be able to make any Sunday in July please post and let me know.[/quote]

Me… any others? Please…

Insert Quote Quote from: logans_daddy on March 18, 2010, 10:04:08 PM I have no preference whatsoever. I just know that traditionally Saturday is always a much better day for these kinds of things. We have done so many polls and they always seem to turn out the same. I also know that we have several members with church obligations that might conflict with sunday events.

If there is anyone that will absolutely not be able to make any Saturday in July but will absolutely be able to make any Sunday in July please post and let me know.

Me… any others? Please…

Lets make this even easier. Is there anyone on the list now that could not make the trip on a sunday? If everyone on the list tells me they can make a sunday trip then i would be more than happy to change it to a sunday now. Especially considering that two of our officers who really want to go are unable to make a saturday trip.

It all comes down to numbers. I want to set a date that will let the most amount of people be able to come. Thats why its so critical for everyone to show up if they say they are coming. Those that have shown interest first will be the ones whose choices are given the most weight so speak now. Remember, less than two weeks before we finalize who is and who is not going. If anyone knows a member that hasnt been online recently it might be worth reaching out to them to see if they are interested. Speaking of that, has anyone heard from Brett? I think the last meeting was the first he has ever missed and i havent seen him on the boards lately. Im sure he would want to go!

Assuming that you are leaving early in the morning, it is very possible to make it there in 3.5 hrs., barring any accidents or construction. Realistically, I would plan on a 4 hour trip to Riverhead. We usually make it to Yaphank in 3 hrs. from the bridge and Yaphank is about 25 mins from Riverhead.

saturday trip, sunday trip…either one is fine with me

cool. thank you.

it is very possible to make it there in 3.5 hrs
thats what im going to base the trip on. im thinking a 12 hour day is just about the max most people are willing to do. With a 7 hour round trip we will have 5 hours or better at the aquarium. Probably looking at an 8a-8p day or something similar.

Sunday is just as good as Saturday. Thanks for all the work you do!

Sunday is just as good as Saturday. Thanks for all the work you do!
Thank you!

In an effort to be responsive to the feedback i have been getting i will narrow down the options a little bit.

The trip will now be either Sunday July 11th or Sunday July 18th. If anyone on the list below can not make either date please let me know asap. I will now set the head count at 24 people total including members and plus ones and limit the plus ones to just one. Depending on how the final count works out we might be able to subsidize the travel costs for the plus ones.

Shawn + 1.5
Paul
Afrieda
Ken
Kyle
Mike
Chad
JJ + 1
Marty + 1
Bill +1(Driver)
Ellen +1

TOTAL
10 members 4 non-member

This means that as it stands there are only 10 seats open for the trip. This will be the final count for the trip. If anyone is unable to make it please let me know as soon as possible. If you are unsure if you will be able to make it please do not sign up. Once we have 24 bodies i will make reservations for the vans and the tickets. If between now and July there is enough interest to fill a 12 passenger van then i have no problems adding to the trip. However, there are already weekends not available in the summer for van rentals so the longer we wait the less likely it is for one to be available.

When i have 24 people locked in i will then lock this thread and communicate directly with the group about details for the trip. Should be a blast everyone!!

Thanks to everyone for agreeing to a Sunday trip. I am really looking forward to this trip. It should be a blast!!!

YEA Ento!!! I’m glad You can make the trip too!~ You’ve been working hard between zapping bugs and supporting the club. You need a good Road Trip to get away from it all.

Sundays are fine with me too.

either day works for me

Ok, for everyone that was waiting for an exact date it is now set.

Sunday July 11th

Im a little surprised by the low response for a trip like this. Im hoping that setting an exact date will fill the remaining seats. April 1st is still the unofficial cut-off for reserving your spot, after that point any remaining seats will be offered to anyone on the list below wanting to bring an additional guest.

Personally i cant wait!

Shawn + 1.5
Paul
Afrieda
Ken
Kyle
Mike
Chad
JJ + 1
Marty + 1
Bill +1(Driver)
Ellen +1