Craig's 120g Build

John that was my original plan but then I figured if I ran it all the way under the 4x4s it would provide a little cushion for any inconsistency in the floor, would help protect the floor, and save me a sh*t ton of aggravation in trying to get it in place, stay attached… and my back hurt so I just got a little lazy.

looks really good Craig! To late now but a 30 breeder would have worked better than the 40…If you havnt gotten ur AI light yet lmk

Jealous! yours almost wet LOLLOL. Mine still being worked, but almost done. My be wet by new year YahoO ::thumbsup::

Very nice jog Craig!

A fresh coat of paint an a little more water.

Wish my damn RODI made water faster >:::

edit: just a note - the towel is there in case of splashes from trying to lift 5g buckets over the 5.5’ tall rim of the tank

What did you decide for the bottom? bare, sand ?

Going with sand. Just added 40lbs of fresh and will more than likely clean and reuse what I have in the 75. But I’m not sure. I like the coarser aragonite I just picked up better than the south down that’s in the 75.

How deep are you doing?

Just the standard 2-4 inches. I dont like the deep sand bed look and too shallow doesn’t give me anywhere to stick frags when I get home from meetings.

That’s why you have a frag tank!

[quote=“reefman66, post:30, topic:6070”]
That’s why you have a frag tank![/quote]

“Yes dear - I realize I have just doubled the size of my existing tank, but I really need another one to keep coral in until I put them in the big tank”

“But it keeps me from having to buy more sand”

“It’s better”

“It just is”

“because when I get home from meetings it’s easier to put them in another tank than to stick them in the sand bed of this one”

“It just is”

“Please put the bleach away - I’ll go buy more sand”

::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::thumbsup::

I think you should ask santa for a big boy tank! ::rofl::

I have been good Jon.I just deleted my previous post accidentally, I guess my brief break with the forum has left me a little rusty with my editing skills. ::thinking::

Looking great man!!!

Water finally cleared up (mostly, still a little cloudy) today and I’m able to see far enough in to the tank to begin adding some rock.

Ended up with a slightly deeper sand bed than I had originally planned on but am pleased with the way it looks. I moved about 20lbs or so of rock from the basement tank up to this one, not as much to begin aquascaping, but as to get the tank cycled. Nuking majanos as I go YahoO

My plan as of now is to get all of the rock-work done and stable by this weekend, add a few new fish to the new tank and let them get settled for a few days before I move the existing fish upstairs. I’m hoping that if I let the new fish establish some territory they won’t be harassed or bullied by the existing fish.

Depending on what is available this weekend, I’m thinking of adding a Naso Tang, Yellow Tang, maybe a Powder Blue, a flame or swallow tail angel, and a few clown occelaris or percula fish.

Should mix well with the Purple, hippo, sailfin, chromis, and tomato clown (that my wife refuses to let me get rid of) currently in the basement.

Spent the last week slowly moving rock from the 75 in to the 120 (killing a whole lot of majano along the way). With the exception of a few bigger pieces that I’ve left in the 75 for filtration and to keep the fish from freaking out completely, it’s all in the 120 now.

I moved the LEDs over the new tank and couldn’t be happier with the coverage, and appearance. Best of all, no LED stars in the TV reflection so I can eliminate the task of building the canopy.

Cycle appears to be complete, so I should be adding a few new fish today, and will move the rest to the new tank in another few days.

Still have some work to do on the aquascaping, but it’s coming along nicely. All rock is along the center of the tank (with the exception of 1 piece) which should allow plenty of swimming room around the reef, and additional places to mount coral on the back of the reef as well.

Very nice. Great job.

tons of swimming room. looks great craig. and HNY

Looks great!!!!  ::thumbsup::