DRC BBQ 2009/Eating meat

I’m +3

[quote=“Gordonious, post:18, topic:1913”]
I hope everyone doesn’t hold their exptations too high as far as what is in my basement. [/quote]

Isn’t that a Jeffrey Dahmer quote?

Jon, I am in! Plus wifey, Lily, and Cameron. (Is that okay?)

Currently attending:
I hope everyone doesn’t hold their exptations too high as far as what is in my basement. Have to realize my budget and time have been extremly limited for many years now. [/quote]

I still have my doubts as to whether you even own a tank! lOl

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:21, topic:1913”]
I’m +3

I hope everyone doesn’t hold their exptations too high as far as what is in my basement. [/quote]

Isn’t that a Jeffrey Dahmer quote?[/quote]
much too funny, craig. even the wife fell out on that one.

Count me in on the 29th, plus my wife.

Long time no see! I might come and bring my room mate. I just got her obsessed with fish (she is just freshwater… for now… lol) and I think she’d enjoy seeing other saltwater tanks. I’m home for now but I’ll give you a definite this weekend if we are going! If she won’t go I know I’ll go! :smiley: Hopefully after the rough couple of semesters I’ll be able to come back.

P.S. I just started fragging since i moved my tank to my new apartment. We’ll see if I have anything ready by then! Hahaha.

I have got to be losing my mind. I swore I posted a week ago about what would be needed for the bbq, but that obviously didn’t happen as the post is not here.

The DRC will be purchasing hot dogs and hamburgers as well as cups, plates, and utensils. Steph and I will supply the condiments(mustard, mayo, ketchup, salt, pepper, and let me know what else). Steph will make some cupcakes as well. Glen has volunteered to let us borrow some chairs and a table. We still need to come up with side dishes, chips, dips, veggies, pretzels, drinks, more desserts… what else? Please post or pm me what you can bring and I’ll make a list.

As far as a grill goes we do not currently have one, but have been planning on picking up a charcoal grill next week. We already have a tiny little George Foreman, but it make take a little while to make 30 burgers on it. If anyone else can bring another that would be very helpful.

Rita’s water ice was a big hit LY courtesy of Tom&Annette

Do you have a grill? Is it gas or charcoal? Filled?

count me in not sure 100% what all i will be bringing i know that my moms garlic pretzals are normallt a big hit so i will bring them anything else u want me 2 bring just let me know

I will have the wife make a chili dip. We will just need to borrow the oven for 15 minutes when we get there.

No problem Jon. You can fix up that George Forman Grill to do the job.

Just follow Red Green’s instructions!

http://www.ilaugh.com/red_green_show/handymans_corner/red_green_vs_george_foreman

And we will be BAR_BE_QUEING!

Remember, You can fix anything with Duct Tape!

Oh, I just bought Two really light weight charcoal barbecues tonight to bring. Pathmark had some really cheap ones on end of season closeout sale. an 18 inch open pan grill on coffee tray type legs for $6.50 and a 14 inch kettle covered weber smokey joe table top knock off for $5.00. I can donate the smokey joe to Jon and Steph. just right for dinner for two. It’s kinda cute with it’s red lid! so that is 2 lightweight fire pits so far. I can do the ribs on the 18 incher. kids cand do dogs on the little smokey joe thingie. will bring some charcoal too. we will probly need another. anybody got one of those metal tube type charcoal starters , so we dont have to use starter fluids.? I have a box of those sawdust/parafin fire starter blocks. that would work too. better for the food.

Let’s see? we got burgers, dogs and ribs, dip and implements coming. need Buns and Rolls, chips, veggies and dip? sodas, potato/mac salads? and theres always room for JELLO in fish molds!

Hey Jon, is there a hose bib and hose out back near the porch? Think safety when playing with fire.

What else would we and the kids like to munch on?

I’ll bring some home made mac & cheese. How many people do we have to feed? Do you have a final count yet?

[quote=“Ento_Reefer, post:32, topic:1913”]
I’ll bring some home made mac & cheese. How many people do we have to feed? Do you have a final count yet?[/quote]

I think its 30ish?

[quote=“kaptken, post:31, topic:1913”]
Oh, I just bought Two really light weight charcoal barbecues tonight to bring. Pathmark had some really cheap ones on end of season closeout sale. an 18 inch open pan grill on coffee tray type legs for $6.50 and a 14 inch kettle covered weber smokey joe table top knock off for $5.00. I can donate the smokey joe to Jon and Steph. just right for dinner for two. It’s kinda cute with it’s red lid! so that is 2 lightweight fire pits so far. I can do the ribs on the 18 incher. kids cand do dogs on the little smokey joe thingie. will bring some charcoal too. we will probly need another. anybody got one of those metal tube type charcoal starters , so we dont have to use starter fluids.? I have a box of those sawdust/parafin fire starter blocks. that would work too. better for the food.

Let’s see? we got burgers, dogs and ribs, dip and implements coming. need Buns and Rolls, chips, veggies and dip? sodas, potato/mac salads? and theres always room for JELLO in fish molds!

Hey Jon, is there a hose bib and hose out back near the porch? Think safety when playing with fire.

What else would we and the kids like to munch on?[/quote]

You the man ken

PBJ! Thanks Ken! You rock!

I think Ian has it roughly. Here list I have as far as attendance goes:

Just me! Not +1 :slight_smile: So just me!

and just me not +1 either

Currently attending list updated. Directions should be PMed shortly, if I can get this computer to cooperate.

BBQ is less then two weeks away. Not too late to sign up. Please let us know if you can bring anything.

I can bring some potato chips and tostitos!

ill be coming with my mom. that makes 2.

im soure she will make something?