DRC Frag Swap 2012

We’re on Fragswapper.com!!!

http://fragswapper.com/Organization.asp?OrganizationKey=32

Sweet!

I’m hoping to see some SPS frags from some of the locals who I haven’t yet seen frags for sale yet. I see some beginner softies all the time, but I’m not sure people have figured no one would be interested or what.

I’ve set up a couple new frag tanks recently and I’ll be sure to make sure to keep some things in stock to list 2-3 weeks before the event.

Great to see a frag swap from the good old DRC! Can’t wait!

I was over on reef central today and didn’t see anything about our swap?

[quote=“beadlocked450r, post:4, topic:3308”]
I was over on reef central today and didn’t see anything about our swap?[/quote]
That’s because some of us can’t post over on RC. Please feel free to grab the flyer off the front page and post it over on RC.

Done!

Looking forward to this event. ::thumbsup::

+1

Are you going to start a different thread to see who can help out?? Or at least tell us here what help will be needed as things progress??

Yes I am Pat. Probably later this week when I have a few minutes to think.

Cool.

I am already saving up my coral dollars to get some frags when the day arrives.

Dont forget to start growing frags to trade or sell, too. Thats a big part of the draw to swaps. We have 3 months. we can make and grow a bunch of nice frags by then.

i’ll start fragging tomorrow i got new vho’s and the tanks looking good my frag rack is aching for more life lol

I am excited for the frag swap as well. Here are a few ideas that i was thinking of. What about having everyone who participates bring a frag for an hourly raffle throughout the day? This could be in place of admission? Or you could give each person selling frags a ticket and do a raffle. The winner gets to pick a frag from that seller? Just some ideas, take them or leave them.

Good ideas. We will be doing hourly raffles…but on a much larger scale…like 48" larger for at least one of them.

We’ve already been promised a Tek Light for a raffle prize and I’m hoping to be able to score a few more big ticket items.

Sounds good!

the way i see it, we need to get the ball rolling.
first register at fragswapper.com
put in a request for what you might be looking for.
take some pics of frags and offer them for sale. this may encourage others to do the same. it’s early, but after the holidays, sign up. at least say that you are attending.

Awesome I can’t wait I’ll have at least 8 different corals.

awesome id like to help out in the organizing process!!

Anyone wishing to help out with the organization of this event is welcome to send me a PM with any ideas you may have or specialties you have to offer. I am horrible at delegation so please feel free to volunteer >LOL<

I know we can use a list of potential sponsors / corporate vendors and contact information, so if anyone has a database of marine vendors lying around I’d be happy to use it to start begging for stuff for the raffle.