Fabulous Fishies!

Big shipment of fish in this week! All shapes and sizes, we’ve got something for just about any tank. Don’t miss out, here’s just a few of our current residents:

Australian fish like Lineatus and Exquisite wrasse, Copperband Butterflies, and tank raised Australian Black Ocellaris!

Mystery Wrasse, Bluespot Jawfish, Bright Purple Tilefish, Heniochus Bannerfish, and an absolutely goregous Velvet Fairy Wrasse!

All kinds of tangs, Yellow, Kole, Hippo, Tomini Flame Fins, Powder Blues, Blonde Nasos, Sailfin, and even an Achiles!

If you’re looking for fish, this is definately the week. Check it out:

http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/ShowProductCategory.aspx?CategoryId=80

Just a little eye candy for you all!

http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/ShowProductCategory.aspx?CategoryId=80

Heck don’t forget this guy. He is a steal at $9.99

That powder blue and Achilles are beautiful… if only I was confident nobody in our 90 would bother them I would get one of them.

Im pretty sure someone had mentioned that their aunt was a beardie breeder. Does anyone know who, and if its you, does she have any available currently?

OR, does anyone know a good place locally to purchase quality, healthy reptiles? I would see dragons all over the place, now that im ready to purchase, im having the hardest time finding one!

my cusin has some babies not exactly sure what he wants for them. if u want one cheap go to the next reptile show in haver de grace or in hamburg. hamburg will deff be the cheapest i think its like 15-20$ for them up there the show should be coming around mid next month if im right?

just looked it up next show at hamburg is on the 28th of february

Havre de grace always has a ton of bearded dragons, or you could look here

Herps ship way better than corals, so I wouldn’t be worried at all about the shipping. Make sure you use a reputable breeder, Dragon’sDen has been around the Kingsnake site for YEARS. They always have nice stuff.

PS. I’m sure you’ve researched for yourself, but I’ve personally had some bad experiences with newly hatched beardies, and would recommend buying one 6+ months old.

PS. I'm sure you've researched for yourself, but I've personally had some bad experiences with newly hatched beardies, and would recommend buying one 6+ months old.

Yep. I dont want a hatchingling. Im sure herps ship ok, but i would prefer to pick it up. My son has been waiting paitently for months, it was supposed to be an xmas gift but i didnt have the habitat built in time. I really dont want to wait another six weeks. Do you know of any local breeders, or reputable pet shops that have beardies frequently?

petkare 2 might have some ( the petkare by bj’s ) not 100% sure tho we ( Petkare 1) have been out since about xmas now

About 4-5 years ago one of the managers of the Concord pets in DE bread them. I had his biz card back then, but I would be shocked if I could find it now. Might be worth asking in a couple of there shops though. I found out from the Dover shop so you might try calling there first.

I got mine from a breeder in Rehoboth who used to work for Pet Safari(now out of biz). OH! FOR SURE, talk with the owner of ECE in Rehoboth.(Check our LFS list at the top) He does a lot with exotic mammals and reptiles. He had beardeds in his shop.

Like I mentioned a long time ago if you are going to get one I would really consider getting a nicely colored one. I preferred a natural normal look when I picked mine up though. Just remember this little reptile is going to be with you for a LONG long time. Mine is passed out next to me in his cage. Love um.

You really should swing by and see him sometime. I wanted to get a section up on my website about him, but with my new job I doubt I will have time for a while.

[quote=“Gordonious, post:11, topic:628”]
…Just remember this little reptile is going to be with you for a LONG long time. Mine is passed out next to me in his cage…[/quote]

How long do those guys live?

I always thought it was about 18-20 years and I was pretty sure that’s what my vet told me, but I could be wrong. Quick Google search and a lot of people in forums are saying 10, but some are also saying 17 and 20.(forums typically one of the worst places to look for factual information, but plenty of first hand experience) I think it may also have to do with where they originally came from in Australia or how they have been bread in captivity. Also if you only feed them pinkies and never feed them a balanced diet they won’t live near as long. As with anything they need a balanced diet.

I always forget how old mine is. Always have to ask my Mom as she took care of him more then half his life. He likes her a lot more then me and Steph.

mine is 8.

i think green banks pair was breeding but i havent been in there since i bought a stalk of xenia for 38$.

bought a stalk of xenia for 38$.

Let it go Bret, let it go! lOl

i know. but come on 38$ the good news is that it was very healthy.

Lol I guess that would be a good reason not to go back.

Considering how poorly Xenia ships and the high loss rate I could understand how a retailer could charge a good amount for it. This is why it’s important for us to be able to grow out our own colonies and either sell back to the retailers or sell outright to other reefers.

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:19, topic:628”]
Considering how poorly Xenia ships and the high loss rate I could understand how a retailer could charge a good amount for it. This is why it’s important for us to be able to grow out our own colonies and either sell back to the retailers or sell outright to other reefers.[/quote]

+1… and just think, when it starts to grow like a weed and you are thinning it out you only have to sell 8 stalks for 5$ each to make your money back.