February Meeting

February 22, 2016
7 pm
The Fish Bowl
4000 S. Dupont Hwy
Dover DE

Mike will be keeping the store open throughout the meeting and after the meeting for anyone wishing to make a purchase. He will have the frag tanks full!!! So come on out enjoy the meeting and get some goodies while you are at it!!!

The presentation will be provided by a new member Patrick Karpin.

The presentation that was originally scheduled has been changed. Patrick didnt think he had enough information to present it. So instead, he will be doing a tour/slide show of his tank.

We will be ordering pizza from Papa John’s
Frag donated by PEA
Golden ticket prize: I am going to do like I am doing for the January meeting. I will have a few things for the winner to choose from. Only one item will be raffled off.

Choices are:

Finnex 300 watt titanium heater with controller
bucket of IO salt
Hydor Koralia Evolution wave pump 1500

Hoping to see a good attendance at this meeting!!

I’ll be there!

I’ll make this one too.

Wish I could be there. I’ll be away for work. :frowning:

I will try too! Hope I can make it!

[quote=“icecool2, post:5, topic:8459”]
Wish I could be there. I’ll be away for work. :([/quote]

It’s ok Adam. We will see you at the March meeting hopefully!!

I know there were a lot of members who signed up for premium membership at our meeting last February. This means your dues are due! If you are planning on attending this month’s meeting please be sure to renew your membership! Thanks

Speaking of premium membership, Delaware’s Premium Aquatics otherwise known as DPA is no longer giving club members a 10 % discount on livestock. This is a benefit that I would think a lot of club members would enjoy. This not only benefits club members but it also helps support one of our local fish stores! I know most of us shop online (myself included) but this may encourage more spending locally. Just a thought. Maybe we should make this a topic to discuss at the next meeting and see what other people think.

I will call and talk to Charlie. I don’t think he is interested in sponsoring the club any more.

Maybe we can talk about it at the meeting before calling we can see how we want to approach the issue if at all. Just something I thought we should talk about. We can get others feedback at that time. Does that make sense?

I think we need to show the value of their sponsorship to them. Like a group trip to their store, for example. We need to do that with all of our sponsors, in my opinion.

I was thinking along the same lines. Again, something I think we all should discuss as a group at the next meeting.

[quote=“icecool2, post:12, topic:8459”]
I think we need to show the value of their sponsorship to them. Like a group trip to their store, for example. We need to do that with all of our sponsors, in my opinion.[/quote]

A couple of years ago we did a group trip to DPA. It is actually on my agenda to arrange with Charlie again here soon. When we did it, he kept the store open later and it was just us in there. He ordered extra livestock and gave a discount to us!

[quote=“mortyn02, post:11, topic:8459”]
Maybe we can talk about it at the meeting before calling we can see how we want to approach the issue if at all. Just something I thought we should talk about. We can get others feedback at that time. Does that make sense?[/quote]

I am open to discuss anything you guys want to talk about at the meeting!

If there are any other topics that anyone would like to discuss please let me know!

By the way Karen I think you are doing a great job as president! You are very open to suggestions, ideas, etc. to make this club better. Thanks for getting off to a great start.

[quote=“mortyn02, post:17, topic:8459”]
By the way Karen I think you are doing a great job as president! You are very open to suggestions, ideas, etc. to make this club better. Thanks for getting off to a great start.[/quote]

Thanks Matt, I appreciate that! This club is for everyone and if I can do anything to make it better for all members I am all for it!!

Rock on Karen! You’re doing great.

[quote=“icecool2, post:19, topic:8459”]
Rock on Karen! You’re doing great.[/quote]

Thanks Adam