g'day mates?

austrailian exotics are in (limited editions) acans and cynarinas. awesome colors also some really sweet zoos.
should be worth a trip. < a nicely colored elegance too.

Did you get any “blue duncan”?

sorry no blue duncans, but i will watch for some. I am always looking for the cool stuff,
don’t forget 8/31/08 gonna be a blast!

Ok, so I threw together a quick design for a business card. If nobody has any major problems with it I will order a few. I think 250 are 3.99 or so. I figured if we got 250, we could give 150 to PA and 100 to Fish Bowl.

I REALLY want to push for more then just the two stores though. I would like to have enough cards that we can get them to at least three other stores and have a small stack ready for frag events and what not.

Card looks good to me. I move that we use the proposed lay out.

I also think we should print
125 to DPA
150 to Fish Bowl
100 to Store X
100 to Store Y
100 to Store Z
125 to hold for events
~600
(Exact number has wiggle room based on the prizes from the card maker.)

Jon

[quote=“Gordonious, post:5, topic:613”]
I REALLY want to push for more then just the two stores though." [/quote]

I really do as well. Other than PA, Fish Bowl, Williams Greenbank and Just Fish, what other LFS are where we could ask about putting cards. I havent been to Greenbank or just fish for quite a while, but I should ask them. Open to suggestions as far as other places.

[quote=“Gordonious, post:5, topic:613”]
I would like to have enough cards that we can get them to at least three other stores and have a small stack ready for frag events and what not. [/quote]

I was going to order these quick out of pocket so that the 2 we are sure of could put cards out. That way we can make sure we like the layout of the card… and it only costs 4$ if we dont like them in person… not 20$ or whatever. I have the design saved, so if we do like it we can always order more.

Local Fish Stores:(copied from the Local Stores list on the site)

Aquarium Center
Captain Nemo’s Aquarium
Delaware’s Premium Aquatics
East Coast Aquatics
East Coast Exotics
Exotic Aquatics
The Fish Bowl
Fish Factory
Fishman Aquarium Center
The Frazer Zoo
The Hidden Reef
Just Fish
Pacific East Aquaculture (aka - Dr. Macs)
Pets Plus Langhorne
That Pet Place
Williams Greenbank Aquarium

I’d like to at least approach all of them. Can we make it a goal to visit at least half of the stores before February’s meeting? Andy and I could probably hit a lot of the ones north of here. I know Ted travels to ECA pretty often. I am supposed to visit family across the street from ECE soon, so I could stop there to.

Not on this list and a place I don’t really consider as an LFS would be Pet Smart and Petco. Often times this stores have a cork board in the front of the store where people can post pictures of lost animals and such. Perhaps we can speak with them about putting up an 8.5X11 sign and paper clip some biz cards/fliers to it.

Let me take them in to Bill or at least go with you. I’ve talked with him for hours in the past and helped him put away a shipment for 7-8 hours till 2am one night.(for free) If you haven’t been there yet he has a decent selection currently, but he was telling me things were a little low and he was going to order again soon. I could try to find out when he is getting another big order in again that way it would make it worth wild for you to make the trip unless you were already going to be up that way.

The club can reimburse $20 bucks no problem. If you want I could give you pay for it with my credit card. I’d rather have extras then not have enough and be missing possible opportunities.

Nice card. straight to the point. anyone can find it all by visiting the website.

I like the card as well. I will caution that in orer to get the “cheap” prices offered by vista you need agree to have “www.vistaprint.com” on the back of your business card. they are also a hair smaller then standard business cards, and a little lighter paper.

You really need to go with the good stock to really decent cards, but the cheap one should serve this purpose.

But why are we looking at putting business cards in the LFS before we even try small flyers? The flyers would be significantly cheaper and we don’t know if the LFS will even let us put them out, or won’t throw them away the minute we walk out of the store. I think we may be throwing money away.

I’d rater see us put some simple B&W flyers out on some colored stock paper first. The stores we know and frequent (DPA, FishBowl, GreenBank) we can put cards in. I’d rather have a few cards available to the officers to hand out when we meet people. Prime example: I was in Pet Kare II the other night talking to 2 employees who had heard about the club but didn’t know where to find us. I would have much rathered pulled 2 cards out of my wallet then scribble the info on a piece of scrap paper that will probably find it’s way through the washing machine.

I don’t think flyers will be less then $4 but I agree with Icy. $4 is cheep to see if we like it. Why spend $20 and not like it. What would it look like if the text was centered?

Ok, so maybe fewer cards of higher quality, and then some printed fliers. Do we have an idea of what we would like to put on the fliers? I kind of ran out of stuff to put on the card… I’m not quite sure how we would fill a whole poster (at least not with me designing it :stuck_out_tongue: )

Edit: Al, I’ll center the text on top… where should I move the logo to so that I can center it? I was trying to do that myself last night, but I eventually got tired and gave up. Open to suggestions for that one.

Is this better?

Ok, here are their prices. I didnt realize that it was 12.50$ to get the 100# stock paper (what most buisness cards are printed on). Does anyone have other websites that may be/are better priced? Craig? I will order some from wherever, I just wanted to get working on it so that we have some soon.

[quote=“icy1155, post:11, topic:613”]
Ok, so maybe fewer cards of higher quality, and then some printed fliers. Do we have an idea of what we would like to put on the fliers? I kind of ran out of stuff to put on the card… I’m not quite sure how we would fill a whole poster (at least not with me designing it :stuck_out_tongue: )[/quote]

I guess I should clarify. I don’t necessarily mean we should fill up an 81/2 by 11" sheet with information. We could put the same thing that’s on the card, print 4 to a page and cut the sheet in quarters, much like DSAS has at DPA.

Al -trust me, the $4 business cards from vista look like $4 business cards.

Is there a big differance between 80# stock and 100# stock? I have no expierence in these things.

Craig - Should we go somewhere else?

[quote=“icy1155, post:13, topic:613”]
Ok, here are their prices. I didnt realize that it was 12.50$ to get the 100# stock paper (what most buisness cards are printed on). Does anyone have other websites that may be/are better priced? Craig? I will order some from wherever, I just wanted to get working on it so that we have some soon.[/quote]

Vista is fine for getting the cards through. Just wanted to point out that their “cheap” offer is for cheap cards. The quality and pricing on the “upgraded” cards is actually prtetty competitive.

I just didn’t want everyone to get excited and then be really disappointed. I think we have the money in the coffers to go with the heavier stock and blank backing.

Suprisingly enough there is a huge difference between 80# and 100# stock

Ok, I wasnt sure how much differance there is. I was already planning on going with the “Premium” business cards so that we could upload our own image for the logo and have a blank backround.

So the charges I see will be

Image upload - 4.99
100# stock - 12.50
1000 cards - 15.99
Shipping - 4.99

So to get 1000 cards it would cost a little under 40$. To get 250 it would cost 26.50$

BTW, what does everyone think of the alternate layout? Or are there other suggestions?

I like the new layout better then the first personally. I think the card is brief and to the point.

Well done.

I agree it works well. Lets get these things printed.