John's little tank

Clammy seems to like the LEDs.

Looking good John

Nice pics,great colors. Welcome to the LED world of living color. :BEER

Thanks guys! and yes the clam is basking under the lights and seems to love it. And John, i’m glad to be with the program for a change. The bright crisp color of this light is perfect, and i love how you can fine tune the look without changing bulbs, PRICELESS…
and the way corals fluoresce with only the blue leds on is crazy cool looking.

HOLY S#!& !!! … I’m not the last guy in the club to get leds’ YahoO

…and, I gotta say, i’d be thrilled with this light even if i paid for it!
(I’ll rub it in some more here…) It wasn’t exactly cheap though, it cost me $20 for the light and a great frag from PE! ::rofl::

don’t be a LOLLOL

:BEER

Btw… the led fixture is being supplemented by two 39w t5’s (1 blueplus and 1 pure actinic ATI’s that are old)
I love the look of it without the t5’s but with them on it fills in the corners so much better with light, and adds more 420 spectrum, dunno if it needs more, i’m not an led guru.
I’m pretty sure extra actinic won’t be a bad thing, may even be beneficial… we’ll see how it grows…

Now i have 3 GBTA’s :SURRENDER
these things are scaring me now. they look really cool, but at this rate they’re gonna take over. Last night i moved my new pearlberry frag from the rockwork cuz one of the nems was creeping too close. Glad i did because this morning the 3rd new gbta is sitting right where the frag wouldve been…

maybe there will be a gbta in the xmas fragswap ::thinking::

if you want rid of the gbta, let me know ;D

[quote=“alexzobi, post:87, topic:5824”]
if you want rid of the gbta, let me know ;D[/quote]

thats funny, i just looked in the tank and NOW THERE’S FOUR! #@$^

Tim, WTF? did u sell me giant majanos? ::rofl::

John - keep in mind BTAs will split when under stress. Double check your parameters, PH & ALK especially.

Of course it could just be that it’s not used to getting proper lighting and is splitting in an effort to have less surface area to absorb light with. You better give up that LED and go back to T5s.

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:89, topic:5824”]
John - keep in mind BTAs will split when under stress. Double check your parameters, PH & ALK especially.

Of course it could just be that it’s not used to getting proper lighting and is splitting in an effort to have less surface area to absorb light with. You better give up that LED and go back to T5s.[/quote]

abcd , parameters are babysat… other then nitrates that are stuck at 20 -30 for the past couple weeks everything is perfect. I did have a monti cap frag die, i’m blamin the nitrates although i’ve had caps do ok in elevated nitrates in the past… we’ll see though, if santa brings me salt i’ll do a w/c, get the nitrates below 10 and try another monti… I have a couple other sps that are doing ok, but not great yet…
the gbta’s though… they took over tims tank, and none of them were very big ::thinking::

btw… i’ll give up my led when u pry it from my cold dead fingers ::rofl::

I have salt if you want to do a water change.

Ill trade you 6 cups of salt for the light Saint:)

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:91, topic:5824”]
I have salt if you want to do a water change.

Ill trade you 6 cups of salt for the light Saint:)[/quote]

is it magic salt?

::rofl::

Was it my cap? Ill give you another if you want. And I’ll give you 12 cups!

Thanks Matt… i actually found a small bag with enough left for a w/c… YahoO I’ll make it until Santa comes ::thumbsup::

and yes, sorry :-(" that nice little piece of cap is white verdict_in. I really thought these nitrates would’ve kept dropping faster then they are. I should’ve waited longer.

I’m gonna go make some water for tomorrow, hopefully squeeze in a w/c.

new frag… well its bigger then just a frag! (thanks Alex) ::thumbsup::

green nepthea

[quote=“saltcreep, post:95, topic:5824”]
new frag… well its bigger then just a frag! (thanks Alex) ::thumbsup::

green nepthea[/quote]

:Welcome)

MAN THAT THING LOOKS GOOD!!! That pic makes me wanna go out and get LED’s for my whole tank now. Mine never looks that green and I have a whole colony of it. DARN YOU T5!!! Let me know how long it takes that thing to actually attach though. In all the time i’ve had the colony i do, its never attached to anything but a shell. And that’s in…four or five months? maybe more? Yet it’s more than tripled in size. Crazy stuff. Anyone else want some? Plenty to go around! :slight_smile:

so i was hoping that GBTA would take a footing right where i stuck it. out in the open where my clowns would hopefully take interest. Of course it walks to the middle of my xenia forest and plants itself for good. Been there ever since i stuck it in the tank verdict_in. But whatever. It’s happy so i’m happy. Are you sure it’s a BTA though? Not much bubbly about it haha. Frags doing well also PBJ! abcd

Alex after i got that frag in my tank i was amazed at how GREEN this thing is! i actually went to your thread to look for pics of it because i didn’t remember seeing it in your fts… ::thinking::
i found it, but just thought your pic coloring was off. guess its the lights from what you’re saying…
what bulbs do you have because this thing is still a screaming green when just 2 t5’s are on, and the leds off. (1 actinic, and 1 blueplus)

And the gbta… it is one, i saw the tank it came from or i’d think it was a LTA… There were several in there, some bubbly, some not.
In my tank the gbta’s have bulges in their tentacles some days, and none the next…
did your gbta settle in up high, or low? mine stay higher up, and right in front of the powerhead

to be honest i cant remember what i have in there. I think i have two actinic and two 75/25 Or something like that. When only the actinics are on it takes on a much more green hue, closer to that picture, but not THAT green haha. Hey, good for you though!

Yeah mine acts the same. Some days there’s a bump, some days nothing. It settled in just about the center of my tank, mid height. I’m not sure how much it likes flow though because like i said, it made a point of burying itself in the middle of my xenia fields and hasn’t moved since. But it already seems to be growing so i’m happy.

Tanks coming along… still no luck with sps yet. I removed the t5’s and i’m running just leds now for the past couple of weeks. The lighting is perfect with just the led fixture without optics.
my crocea has a pretty substantial new shell growth ( about 1/4’’) YahoO first growth its showed in years… its liking the leds ::thumbsup::

I’m still working on the nitrates… a 10g w/c did nothing 2 weeks ago verdict_in
i’m thinking about doing about 4 or 5 gallons a day w/c’s until they’re gone…

just a couple minute video of the female in the anenome… the male mostly gets in at night dusk/dawn.
He started first, a couple of days ago with quick swim throughs and parks himself in there once the lights go down. She started today with rubs, and then just sat in it. The anenome is trying to get used to it. It closed halfway a couple of times from her aggressive snuggling… but it opens back up within a couple minutes.
looks like we have a host!
Don’t mind all the pretty flowing hair algae verdict_in

Damn… NOBODY? I was pretty excited about my last post (11 days ago) and even made a video

maybe i should join some sort of club/forum to share the news…

believe me, i don’t need a bunch of nonsense comments, but it’s kinda like going for a “high-five” and being left hangin :TWOCENTS

well i was gonna add a new video, captured both clowns in the nem on film…