Lee & Karens 180 build

Looks great Lee. Now just sit back and relax and watch it grow. Remember not to over fill it. Pick and chose the corals you want and watch it grow. Don’t pick weedy corals. Good luck!

[quote=“reefman66, post:41, topic:8008”]
Looks great Lee. Now just sit back and relax and watch it grow. Remember not to over fill it. Pick and chose the corals you want and watch it grow. Don’t pick weedy corals. Good luck![/quote]
Too late for that! He already has weedy corals :-)###

[quote=“beadlocked450r, post:42, topic:8008”]

[quote=“reefman66, post:41, topic:8008”]
Looks great Lee. Now just sit back and relax and watch it grow. Remember not to over fill it. Pick and chose the corals you want and watch it grow. Don’t pick weedy corals. Good luck![/quote]
Too late for that! He already has weedy corals :-)###[/quote] haha man that’s not very nice

Just a quick update, everything is doing very well, all algae is gone mostly from the tangs, crossing fingers no fish or coral loss from the move.

so that brings me to our Tang Question, Rocks are sparkling from them cleaning and eating off of them, They do eat food that’s added, but will not go anywhere near the clip that’s added with seaweed on it. What’s your tricks to getting them to eat from it? or just be patient?

Yes they will eat almost anything, meaty or greeny, primary diet is greeny but they eat most, atleast mine do

you could try rubber banding a piece of seaweed to a small piece of rubble rock. It might seem more natural that way.

[quote=“bz350, post:46, topic:8008”]
you could try rubber banding a piece of seaweed to a small piece of rubble rock. It might seem more natural that way.[/quote]tried the rubble rock approach and got two out of three to eat it. Needless to say I’m happy

Lee, I never fed any of my tangs any dried seaweed. they worked for a living cleaning the tank. they all liked lots of flake, and pellets which often have a lot of algae in them, and frozen brine and plantkton. they all did just fine. some over ten years old. never sick in their life. they do like a treat of live red grape algea from the fuge. Botrylcladia. when i have some growing.

figured id post some updated pics iPhone pics so quality is what it is :slight_smile:

more updates

and more

yup and just a few more

Wow! Very nice Lee!

Thanks for all the eye candy!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Looks great! Let me know if you ever frag any zoas :slight_smile:

[quote=“icecool2, post:54, topic:8008”]
Looks great! Let me know if you ever frag any zoas :)[/quote]just fraged one this morning and ran out of glue, but yea let me kno what your interested in, or better yet stop by and you can pick what you want. :slight_smile:

[quote=“bnelson, post:53, topic:8008”]
Wow! Very nice Lee!

Thanks for all the eye candy!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk[/quote]thank you

[quote=“Gotasplinter, post:55, topic:8008”]

[quote=“icecool2, post:54, topic:8008”]
Looks great! Let me know if you ever frag any zoas :)[/quote]just fraged one this morning and ran out of glue, but yea let me kno what your interested in, or better yet stop by and you can pick what you want. :)[/quote]
I love em all! If you frag something, let me know and I’ll probably take it. :D. What do you have now and are you going to the meeting?

Lee & Karen, your tank is awesome. Lots of growth, very colorful, healthy and really nice pics. ::thumbsup::

I would love to see a video of the whole tank, if you can. YahoO

How about a full tank pic from when you first setup the 180 and what it looks like now. :BEER

[quote=“houndsbayman, post:58, topic:8008”]
Lee & Karen, your tank is awesome. Lots of growth, very colorful, healthy and really nice pics. ::thumbsup::

How about a full tank pic from when you first setup the 180 and what it looks like now. :BEER[/quote] thanks John when the lights come on ill take a full tank shot found an earlier pic from just over a year ago and looks like a barren waste land lol

[quote=“Gotasplinter, post:59, topic:8008”]

[quote=“houndsbayman, post:58, topic:8008”]

How about a full tank pic from when you first setup the 180 and what it looks like now. :BEER[/quote] thanks John when the lights come on ill take a full tank shot found an earlier pic from just over a year ago and looks like a barren waste land lol[/quote] heres a then and now pic john will see what I can do to get a vid of it

tank when first set up.jpg