MakersLED: Now Placing Pre Orders!‏

Here you go Ken. Here the email from MakersLED.

We are excited to announce that we have locked in manufacturers to produce the MakersLED fixture! Next step, place your orders!

Ordering starts here: MakersLED - DIY High Power LED Fixtures by Andy & Mark McClure — Kickstarter

It’s now or never!!!
For the fixture to move forward into production at our target price, we must meet minimum order quantities with our manufacturers. This is where Kickstarter comes in. Kickstarter helps with All-Or-Nothing funding - which means, until the minimum order is made, no money will exchange hands.

Help us promote and WIN a Kit!
“LIKE” us on Facebook via the Kickstarter page and be entered in to win 1 of 10 FREE 1 ft kits when funding is successful. No order is necessary, but if you do place a Kickstarter order you will have the option to refund the difference. Includes shipping to 48 states.

Make Your DIY LED fixtures Go Pro.
The professional look and features of the fixture speak for themselves. If you haven’t watched the video for awhile, we suggest watching it again. You may notice we changed the number of LEDs lanes to 5. This gives it a nice symmetrical layout.

If you have any questions, just reply to this email!

Andy McClure
MakersLED.com

Beat me to the punch on this one A.

I got an email from Andy the other day, we will be including their flyers in our welcome bags on Saturday.

They are a new company looking to get the word out about themselves and may end up being a club sponsor in the near future.

www.MakersLED.com

MakersLED_Brochure.pdf (488 KB)

WOW! COOL! can’t wait to see the product. Hope they will become our club sponsor.

I’ll look at it closer after the swap. How do you wire the chips? they dont show that. soldering i guess?

I believe you still have to solder them your self Ken. I think it’s just a heat-sink that you don’t have to drill or paste the LED chip. You just have to use the proper screws to screw them in. Also, slots for fan and plexi glass to shield the LED chip. And side area to mount the driver on to make it look nice. It seems to be just a pre cut DIY heat-sink to make it look more professional.