Meeting / food / raffle ideas

Great A, thanks! everyone loves a good build!

I guess ill be bringing the laptop. Please make sure I have sprite to mix mu vodka in ;D
it makes me much more entertaining.

I may be a few minutes late as I have baseball practice, but will be there shortly after 7.

Slide show sounds good. I’ll remind marty to bring the projector.

Don’t forget the Sprite, Don’t forget the Sprite, Don’t forget the Sprite, Don’t forget the Sprite, Don’t forget the Sprite, Don’t forget the Sprite, mine reminder.

Hey A! Are you bringing any sprite?

I’m shopping for hoagie stuff in this weekends store Deli ads and will get some cold cuts and cheese. Picked up a fresh supply of condiments tonight. then fresh rolls on Monday and make a stop at Entemanns to see what they gots for desert.

HMMMM! Yummies!!

Should be better than Peanut Butter and Jelly Fish Sandwiches.

I can bring in some examples of the DIY base rock that I did if you think it’d be interesting. Maybe a bucket with some water in it for some to see how porous the rock is.

I’ll bring leftover oyster shell, salt, white portland cement if anyone wants to give it a try.

That would be great. I know we haven’t had anyone bring in any homemade rock in about 5 years.

[quote=“Faralon, post:26, topic:5718”]
I can bring in some examples of the DIY base rock that I did if you think it’d be interesting. Maybe a bucket with some water in it for some to see how porous the rock is.

I’ll bring leftover oyster shell, salt, white portland cement if anyone wants to give it a try.[/quote]

I’m setup to bring in 4 of these:

Large Ziplock bag has:

• 3 Solo Cups worth of Oyster Shell
  • 2 Solo Cups worth of White Portland Cement

Small Sandwich bag has:

• 1 Solo Cup worth of Extra Course Salt Crystals

They will be additionally wrapped in a plastic bag and also placed inside a paper bag.

Ok to bring them if any of the members want to try a pre-made setup that should make about 12.5lbs of rock?

FREE to anyone that attends and is up to the challenge.

I’m not prepared to give a 10min discussion on the process, partly because I’m terrible talking in front of a group of people, however I will provide documentation and reference the videos in the DIY section.

I can bring my own table to put the bags and rocks on for display.

A copy of what I will have printed out is below. I’m sure I over processed this, but let me know if its acceptable to bring to the meeting.

Thanks all,

-Rob

–Use at Own Risk–Use at Own Risk–Use at Own Risk–

DIY Base Rock – 3/2/1 Method
(an exercise in patience)

Start: 5/31
End: ??? (Still waiting for the Ph to drop)

• Oyster Shells $8 for 50lbs (Tractor Supply Elkton)
• White Portland Concrete - $18 for 96.2lbs (“Special” Order from HD)
• Extra Course Water Softener Salts - $4 for 40lbs (Tractor Supply Elkton)
• Quickrete Sand - $3.50ea? x2 (HD)

Total: $37.00 to make over 180lbs of rock.

3 Solo Cups of Oyster Shell
2 Solo Cups of White Portland Concrete
Mix with roughly ¾ Solo Cup of water.
Add 1 Solo Cup of Coarse Salt Crystals, mix, and make rocks.

Let them cure for 24-48hrs.

Place them in a container large enough to cover them with water. The larger the water volume the better.

Dump and replace the water every other day. After a few weeks start letting the rocks set in the water longer. Once Ph is stable at 3.3 or under in the container for a week or longer they are ok to add to the tank w/o killing everything due to high Ph.

Note: I have not yet added the rock to my tank as I’m still waiting for the lime to leech out of the rock. For me its taking a LONG time. I was fairly religious with replacing the water every other day until a point where I just gave up due to how long it was taking. I replace the water maybe once a week now. Better due diligence may yield faster results.

Video’s of the process can be found on in the Club DIY section and also YouTube.

DIY Base Rock Day 1

DIY Base Rock Day 2

Great Rob ::thumbsup::
thanks YahoO

Rob, can I place 1 of the 4 on hold for me. Thank you.

Will there be a small tank running tonight?

Well, out to get some rolls for DIY Hoagie night.

Way to go Rob!!! ::thumbsup:: :BEER

I’ed love to get a bag too.

A and Pat B, I’ll put your names on a bag, and see if I can make 1 or two more to keep 4 available for other attendees.

Thanks Rob.

OK- we’ve got a few member frags coming, Bill is busy right now picking up some additional frags, and a bucket of salt for the raffle toight, Ken is picking up food, and I am still taking credit for all of it ;D

Jason- glad you can make it out- yes there will be a small tank set up tonight.

Ok, I’ll bring one of my new semi-onyx clownfish for the raffle.

[quote=“ClownfishSushi, post:37, topic:5718”]
Ok, I’ll bring one of my new semi-onyx clownfish for the raffle.[/quote]

Sweet!! Thank you.

Guess this means I have to bring cash with me now. ;D

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:38, topic:5718”]

[quote=“ClownfishSushi, post:37, topic:5718”]
Ok, I’ll bring one of my new semi-onyx clownfish for the raffle.[/quote]

Sweet!! Thank you.

Guess this means I have to bring cash with me now. ;D[/quote]

+1 yeah, thanks Jason ::thumbsup::

What time was the meeting at? I always forget the times verdict_in