Neomarine salt/ OH GOD MY EYE!!

Anyone tried the new Neomarine salt by Brightwell Aquatics?
Has anyone seen it locally? I would rather buy it locally instead of paying crazy shipping due to its weight.

ive heard that the hidden reef carries it.

I know Charlie at DPA had been speaking to Brightwell a lot - he may be able to get for you.

I have been using it for 2 months and love it. Most stores are pricing it at 60-65 hidden reef has it for 49

I saw a couple of buckets at ECA on Saturday

My SPS mentor Mike C. on the boards? I cant believe my eyes ;D

Dont want to hijack the thread. Check your messages Mike.

Thanks everyone! ECA will be my best bet, its only half hour away. The hidden reef is about an hour or so away.
Will give them a call over the weekend and see if they have a bucket before i take the drive though.

And Logans_daddy, no worries on the HJack, its not like you went off topic for 20 pages

We could easily start talking about Mike’s tank for 20 pages, lol. Good to see you Mike!

Hidden Reef does in fact have it. I don’t believe Premium had it the last time I was in there, but I would call around and see. Any LFS can get it if they are willing to go through the trouble to order it for you. It’s not rare or hard to come by just some stores are slower to try new things then others.

The company I work for has been using it on our shop tank and with many of our clients who have reef tanks. Haven’t noticed any dramatic difference yet with the corals, but then again most of our clients tend to overfeed so the high levels of nutrients cause more issues then anything else.

What I will say about the salt. DO NOT stick a wet hand in the bucket. It will chemically burn your hand. Also be warned there is a smell when mixing.(this is normal and to be expected) Also a bucket of the same size as many other salts will go a lot further.(similar to Tropic Marin Pro)

Well, you can always ask your local store and see if they can get it from their normal supply chain. I always ask Charlie first at DPA for stuff, to see what he can get. Small stores can’t stock everything, but they might be able to add it to next weeks delivery from their suppliers. Plan ahead and ask.

Hey I saw Alemeb3 's post too ! Welcome back Mike ! We missed you.

[quote=“Gordonious, post:8, topic:2335”]
What I will say about the salt. DO NOT stick a wet hand in the bucket. It will chemically burn your hand. [/quote]

I never stick a wet hand in the bucket anyway, i try my best to not allow moisture to get into the bucket and it turn clumpy on me. But thanks for a heads up, because accidents can happen, and by the sound of it this one could be painful!

I use a cup, had dry salt spill on my hand that was damp and it burns. Think any salt will do that.

Man you guys are wussies :smiley: Wait until you get some real strong base on your hands or better yet, in a cut!

how does brightwell compare to tropicmarin?

[quote=“IanH, post:12, topic:2335”]
Man you guys are wussies :smiley: Wait until you get some real strong base on your hands or better yet, in a cut![/quote]

you want to talk PAINNNNN!!! try pvc primer in the eyes. >:::

[quote=“martinfaimly, post:14, topic:2335”]

[quote=“IanH, post:12, topic:2335”]
Man you guys are wussies :smiley: Wait until you get some real strong base on your hands or better yet, in a cut![/quote]

you want to talk PAINNNNN!!! try pvc primer in the eyes. >:::[/quote]

unfortunately… ive been there glenn. i gotta agree!!!

I don't know about thhe primer but I've had 2+2 carborator sqray in my eyes before, and metal that had to be drilled out several times

[quote=“andrewk529, post:13, topic:2335”]
how does brightwell compare to tropicmarin?[/quote]

Call me old fashion, but I’m always hesitant to try new things on my own tank. Good thing we have well over 100 clients tanks to experiment on. :smiley:

I still use Tropic Marin Pro on my home tanks, but am watching Brightwell carefully and seriously considering it.

I got E-Z cheese in my eye when i was a kid :stuck_out_tongue:
you know that stuff that comes compressed in a can with a nozzle.

I think i have you all beat! jk

[quote=“Nemmy, post:18, topic:2335”]
I got E-Z cheese in my eye when i was a kid :-P[/quote]

I must have eaten 50 cans of that through my college years. Love that stuff!

[quote=“Gordonious, post:19, topic:2335”]

[quote=“Nemmy, post:18, topic:2335”]
I got E-Z cheese in my eye when i was a kid :-P[/quote]

I must have eaten 50 cans of that through my college years. Love that stuff![/quote]

Oh god yes, especially the kind with the bacon flavor! UMMM Bacon!!