New arrivals May 17th. SPS & LPS

Still adding…but here’s some of the new stuff…mostly aquacultured and great sizes. Not fingertip frags!

Just a taste…many more on the site and have about another 40-50 to add.

Hey I have checked you site out a few times and today I saw the coolest feature. Premium Quarantine Services!

Standard Quarantine All of our livestock is checked for health before we ship it. Unlike some vendors we do not funnel stuff in from wholesalers and overseas as fast as we can and turn them around to customers almost immediately. Animals spend one to two weeks in our facility before we offer them for sale.

Premium Quarantine Service
We always recommend our customers quarantine all livestock. For those who wish, we offer a quanrantine service at an additional cost where we will quarantine the animal you purchase for up to 30 days. We guarantee the animal while it is in quarantine and then offer our standard 5 day guarantee. If interested in this service, please put a note in the comments section when your order and we will contact you. The cost varies depending on the animals purchased.

I have some codium that needs thinning badly… anyone interested?

Nobody is interested in this? Its a clump about the size of a grapefruit, and tangs dont bother this stuff so it can be in the display tank.

[quote=“icy1155, post:3, topic:564”]
I have some codium that needs thinning badly… anyone interested?[/quote]

:Welcome) Charlie

Its about time you got on! ;D

As i type this our overworked webmasters are busy making changes to our forums. A lot of them are very subtle and will likely go unnoticed. The biggest change that will affect some members is the restructuring of permissions associated with some forums. Moving forward only Premium Members will be able to view and post in the following forums:

Member Tanks
Market Place
Groub Buy
Lounge Lizard

Registered members will no longer see these forums. Premium members can now find these forums under the DRC Premium Members sub-forum. This is the first step in providing advantages to our members that participate at the club level and not just the forum level. I encourage all registered members to come to a meeting and check us out! There is a LOT of very cool stuff planned for the January meeting and its something that you dont want to miss. I will create a post about a week or so before the meeting providing the agenda and other details so stay tuned. For those members that simply can not attend meetings your more than welcome to continue to participate on our forums. Over the course of the year we plan to bring changes to the site to make the online experience better for our of our members especially those who can only participate online!

If you have any questions or conernce feel free to post here or send a pm to any officer or moderator. Thank you!

curious, putting market place in the premium members only seems to seriously restrict at least the amount of people that would see that a member is selling something, maybe a good idea for selling corals but perhaps have an Equipment for sale open to the public? alot of premium members already have all the equipment they need.

just a constructive suggestion :slight_smile:

~Tim

Thanks for the feedback and i assure you that it was taken into consideration when making the changes. A lot of the time members want to set a “club price” to give a fellow member a good deal and allowing the market place to stay open prevents this from happening. There are a LOT of other venues if your want to sell your equipment that have a much larger audience inlcluding putting your item on consignment at an LFS or listing it on ReefCentral or Craigslist. The Market Place will now be a service reserved for Premium Members only and posting any items for sale in any other forum is prohibited. If a premium member posts a sale topic in another forum it will be moved to the Market Place. If a registered member posts a sale topic it will be removed and a reminder will be sent via private message.

Might I suggest you allow all to view the forum to allow the most people to see the sale items but only premium members could post a topic or reply. If a registered member wanted something that was posted they could send a pm

i see the point in making it club members only for perhaps a discount in prices or what ever the case may be. my point is that suppose i want to break down my system and sell it, most premium members would not be interested in a used 75g drilled tank or a 55g modded sump for sale but someone entering the hobby might just want that cheaper than a LFS. Im not selling anything at the moment but if i were i’d want local coverage not reef central across america or craigslist, rather someone in my zipcode not already reef equiped.

either way it bothers me not i was just suggesting that at least equipment be public.

reef central across america or craigslist, rather someone in my zipcode not already reef equiped.
Reefcentral is local. Pretty much the only thing that the old RC club forums are used for anymore is local B/S/T. If a member wants to sell an item at a "club" price they can no do so without the worry of a re-seller taking advantage of their generosity. If a member wants to sell an item and make as much profit as possible then our boards were likely never the best place for that to begin with. There are many venues for buying and selling reef related items that are open to registered and premium members alike. The market place, however, will be open only to premium members. This isnt ebay. We are more concerned about the quality and safety of tranactions arranged through our site than we are about the number of people that can view the threads.
Might I suggest you allow all to view the forum to allow the most people to see the sale items but only premium members could post a topic or reply.
Certainly a good idea and one that was considered. However, our priority this year will be focused on growing club membership and not online membership. This club is a local community first and an online forum second. We have looked at numbers very closely before making any decisions and with few exceptions registered members do not stay active very long and contribute very little while active. The biggest online contributors are typically premium members that regularly attend meetings. We believe having the forum set up the way it is now will prevent a lot of problems that have been experienced in the past while not cutting off as many perspective buyers as one might think at first glance. In the end our goal is not to alienate members or take things away but to convert as many registered members as possible into active premium members.

How does one become a premium member ?

Simply come to a meeting and signup with our treasurer Marty. Annual dues are only $10. Our next meeting is January 25 at William Penn High School. There will be many more details posted about a week before the meeting.

5 if your a student, and 15 for a family pass

Thank you.

I would like to know if you are planning on having any meetings further south in Delaware, thinking of joining the club, but the New Castle location is about a 2hr ride.
Thanks

• 1 …same question as houndsbayman …its a 1 hr ride for me…but would like to attend a meeting and join.

carpool…willing to volenteer for a lift from dover to meetings

This has been an issue for some time and we have given it a lot of thought. Regular meetings will continue to be in New Castle but we will make every attempt to hold the majority of our special events down south. Also, residency was a big factor this year when choosing officers and moderators. The hope is that our southern officer and moderators who attend meetings regularly can help organize a consistent and reliable carpool. Carpool really is the best option. If we have enough southern members that carpool consistently and attend meetings regularly i would be more than open to tweaking the meetingt time to accomodate the drive. I would even go so far as to consider reimbursing gas money for those that attend regularly and carpool. I dont think sharing a ride 9 times a year with friends that you can talk shop with is that horrible ;D

Im open to other suggestions and ideas except for changing the venue. All regular meetings will be at William Penn High School on the third monday of every month except for January and February which will be the fourth Monday.

shawn keep in mind i have a place for southern meetings. except for wensdays and sundays.