New Site design

Ok the new site design is well underway now, after many many imports into over six different forum/CMS solutions four complete restores from backup, I have gone with the newest stable release of SMF and EzPortal. Which has allowed me to bring back the much missed recent topics column, the front page and menu system.
I am still adding links and articles from the old site, but if anyone has any complaints or wants now is the time to speak up.

I don’t see a link to click on to get messages.

when you log on you should see a userbox on the right hand side it should have PM with a number, this is your private messages
I will add a link to the menu.

I like the new design
I had a hard time finding my messages but found them in a short time

Hey Frank I didnt post any pics but I remember talking about posting pics without using a photo host and it looks like that can be done , is that correct?

yes just click the attachments and other options link under the post box
and browse to your pic and attach

my pic…
WOW!!! that works really easy, thanks Frank. Nice job.

Looks great John!

My only complaint is that the home page and forum home page are a little small on my phone. Forum home page also didn’t adjust it’s size so I couldn’t read the last post info.

Can we embed youtube videos?

Nice! I can’t see the while video though… I don’t think the page auto corrected the size or something…

Anybody else having the same problem?

it seems to be playing ok for me

It plays fine, but I have to scroll left and right to see the whole thing.

i dont have to scroll. I can see the whole video.

[quote=“bnelson, post:12, topic:8469”]
It plays fine, but I have to scroll left and right to see the whole thing.[/quote]

Yes bryant me too, doesn’t fit the page on my phone

Hey Frank, do you think we could get a scroll to the top button that is always to the right?

[quote=“beadlocked450r, post:14, topic:8469”]

[quote=“bnelson, post:12, topic:8469”]
It plays fine, but I have to scroll left and right to see the whole thing.[/quote]

Yes bryant me too, doesn’t fit the page on my phone[/quote]

Sorry I didnt see that you meant your phone. I am always on my PC. I have not actually looked at it on my phone.

Yep I will work on a scroll to top function and as far as phones go I am working on it, the site is only partly responsive, they are working on a new release that is fully responsive and I will see what I can do.

Hi Frank. i just found one thing that doesnt work like the old forum. the private messages tab doesnt show when and how many new messages you might have. the old forum had the number of new unread PMs in red parentheses. messages could go un noticed for a long time. any chance of returning that feature?

[quote=“bnelson, post:10, topic:8469”]
Nice! I can’t see the while video though… I don’t think the page auto corrected the size or something…

Anybody else having the same problem?[/quote]

I did watch this on my phone and I don’t have to scroll.

Trying a test pic