Official DRC and TFB event details for Saturday May 8 2010

Details from BJ are below. I will add that the DRC will be providing a very similar high end raffle prize for this event as we are the ECA event on May 1. As soon as i hear back from Joe or BJ i will post details.

Just to clarify one thing for everyone. This is not simply a Fish Bowl sale that we are advertising for them. This is a DRC/TFB event being held in lieu of the regular meeting. It is important for everyone to try to make this event as well as the ECA event if you can. This is the time to support our sponsors and show them how much they are appreciated. Without our sponsors and all of their generous donations we wouldnt have a raffle. Without the raffle we wouldnt have food for the meetings, a PAR meter, an all expense paid trip to Atlantis, or the rimless cubes that we are raffling off at the events. Please keep this in mind and show your support. I know it might be a little tough with having two events on adjacent weekends but who are we kidding? Most of you are in and out of an LFS at least 2 of 3 times a week anyways! ;D

listen, i know this may be a little early, and a lot of kinks r still being worked out... but this is what we have so far. may 8th, from noon to 6, we r throwing a customer appreciation bbq right in front of the store. lots of games, prizes, discounts, fun, info, and of course food!

we r lining up a really nice golden ticket raffle prize for the club raffle. the frag tanks will be stocked to the brim. plenty of smaller giveaways, and a bonus discount from 5 to 30% off entire purchase… that U will reveal at checkout! maybe even a few scavenger hunts and some beginner type presentations by some of your fellow club members, to educate the newer hobbyists that will hopefully show up and participate.

Sounds fun. Ill def be there… Can not wait. Keep us updated.

Tell us more. Are these going to be some kind of meetings with demos too, like Jon’s fragging presentation there last time at TFB? plus the nice stuff to shop? Can we bob for Sea Apples in the ECA DT, assuming they have Sea Apples in the display tank?

I have to say, the pair of ORA Saddle Back Clowns i got at TFB last time down there, are Fat dumb and happy! And my frags from ECA are growing just fine and dandy. They seem to have a nice supply of frags from local growers, which is good for the ECO.

These both sound like nice road trips for us all. Are these going to be week end events? Oh, scuze me, I just checked my E-Calendar. They are both Saturday events.

Doesn’t matter to me, Im still going.

Uhhh?

What Rimless Cubes?

Tell us more. Are these going to be some kind of meetings with demos too, like Jon's fragging presentation there last time at TFB? plus the nice stuff to shop

nope. these are not meetings so there will not be content. its simply a time set aside for our members to get together, have fun, and spend a lot of money at our LFS to show them that we support them.

What Rimless Cubes?
The one sitting in my living room!

This is shaping up to be a really nice event! I spoke with The Fishbowl gang yesterday and they are really excited! This is a great chance to show people what we’re all about AND support one of finest local shops. I hope everyone can make it down for this, you won’t want to miss it!

hey joe… post up as soon as u find out what the big raffle item will be. so everyone here knows, AND so i can figure out what we r gonna put on it as our donation…

im in the process of putting together 3 mystery prize boxes…
of which, each will have inividual tickets sold for them.
box 1 will be valued around 25 bucks. #2 will be valued around 50 bucks. and box 3 will be around 100 bucks. various items for the standard aquarist… and some special items as well.

I guess we were a bit hazy. The large ticket item will be a rimless cube tank, I will defer to Shawn to tell you more about it.

For everyone else, the Fishbowl has graciously offered to beef up the large ticket raffle prize. They are working on the details, but suffice it to say from what I’ve heard it will be awesome!

Yes. Just like the ECA event the DRC will be offering an 18" x 18" x 18" 25 gallon rimless nano cube!

This is going to be a great event. Many thanks to Jocephus for working with the fishbowl to set this up. I will do my best to be there for at least part of the day.

Well I am REALLY looking forward to this event. Should be a good time.

Does the tank come with a stand too?

Does the tank come with a stand too?
yes! right after you build one!! >LOL<

As i mentioned somewhere(cant remember where) if a DRC premium member wins this tank i will be more than happy to customize it for them. The would need only to supply the bulkheads. We could adhere black vinyl to the back, drill the tank, and build an overflow(standard, external, or coast to coast). Im going to be buying an acrylic bender this month and am looking foward to buiding some “professional” quality acrylic projects. Id love to practice on your tank!!! >LOL<

i talked with joe today and will be donating around 4 hrs too help out with event. i will be suppling 3 picnic tables and easy up for shade and cooler for beverages. i am also going to build some stands to rope of part of parking lot for our area with pvc and some caution tape.

Definately appreciated Glen, I will be there pretty much all day also. If anyone else in the area wants to take some time to talk with potential new members or to answer questions, shoot me a PM.

[quote=“martinfaimly, post:12, topic:2814”]
i talked with joe today and will be donating around 4 hrs too help out with event. i will be suppling 3 picnic tables and easy up for shade and cooler for beverages. i am also going to build some stands to rope of part of parking lot for our area with pvc and some caution tape.[/quote]

Thanks a bunch Glenn. It sounds like this is going to be a great day for everyone to come out and show our appreciation to the Fish Bowl. I for one am going to do my best to be there and talk to some new prospective members.

Depending on what im doing i might be able to come down and chat for a while, just depends on whats going on that day…

Is this event for premium members only? or can any one attend? Thanks

COME ONE, COME ALL!!!
anyone who walks in the door is invited!!!

got some new fish bowl t shirts in today… compliments of martinsfamily’s brother. shirts look great glenn… will be some freebies at the bbq!

Just an update, there will be “at the register mystery discounts” so you can take an extra 5-30% off your entire purchase! Great stuff! I am told that the new and improved frag tanks will be full to the gills, so to speak.

BJ, you have a PM. YahoO

What time is this event? Will it be like an all day thing?