ora shipment this tuesday 6/3/08

we have an o.r.a. shipment due this tuesday awesome clowns and corals, they limit the amount of really cool stuff, we can get per order so this should be interesting.

the O.R.A. shipment has arrived, ((((((((WOW))))))))

65 gallons, 2 months old, sump, skimmer, nova extreme lights, 65 lbs live rock, 25 lbs ls. rodi and red sea salt.
5 percs really small, 1 hifin goby, 2 fire shrimp, 2 peppermints [all have molted] 10 small zoas, briarium, rbta from ryan, candy cane and mushroom from last meeting. snails. unidentified critter in another post.

9dKh
8.2 ph
trites, trates, amm, phosphate 0
sg 1.026-.027
happy

wow, pretty sweet for a newbie. looks like ur on the right track for sucess. the candy canes look great. glad there being enjoyed. i had them hidden behind a rock where they could get light but i couldnt see them :P. glad to see the also extended and blown up. looks like u have made them happy.

Its looking good. A little hair algae, but they all get some at some point and with proper maintnance and feeding it should go away.

many thanks. my big problem is that my placing frags on rocks is bad. and my rocks are not well balanced. if i had had a better idea of how to arrange the rocks, i’d be happier. i think i need to build up toward the top, but am unsure.
and picked up a great hammer coral yesterday from fishbowl. him i have a place for! just acclimating him to the light before he goes up higher.
i had 3 sw tanks 30 years ago, but lost everything in a month. the equipment is so much better as is the huge amount of knowledge.
the canes are just remarkable, love them. thanks! and the hair algae was a huge 2 week bloom, but 2 mex turbo snails plowed through it.

[quote=“moliken, post:6, topic:571”]
picked up a great hammer coral yesterday from fishbowl. him i have a place for! just acclimating him to the light before he goes up higher.[/quote]

Sounds like you are fairly local. Where are you located? I live in downtown Dover and there are a few others of us down south here.

between dover and smyrna, right off 13.

That brarium looks awesome and it will spread over that rock within a month or so stuff grows like crazy. I’d like to see a better pic of those percs though cuz they should have hosted…

Couple Qs

• Tank-bred Percs?
  • Sure they aren’t Oscellaris Clowns?

Nice. Some pics of my tank should be going up shortly, and im sure you’ll see it in person soon enough. God knows I’ll have to empty my frag rack soon.

:Welcome) moliken hay icy i will help ya empty frag rack.lol also my tank will be up on site soon as well. glad there are more and more reefers close to us dover guys. means i can just buy more frags…

yay!! let’s have a meeting down here also.
this newbie really could use some artistic and experienced guidance in how to decorate, arrange, rearrange, fix, glue, reglue, setup, balance the rocks so they do not fall, position the frags, and especially use LESS epoxy.
ryan, the percs came from fishbowl, labeled as tankraised. i will try to post a closeup picture later today.

Looking very nice for two months old. I hear you on nowhere to put frags! I’ve got some sitting on a frag rack because I don’t know where to put them!

I dont think the trick is to use less epoxy, I think its to use more. I wish that I had used epoxy to secure our rocks together, because after 2 rock slides I realized that no matter how well you stack them, when you are pressing a coral into that 1/2" space it can make a whole side of your tank collapse. As far as figuring out where to put stuff, most of our new frags sit on the frag rack for at least a week untill I decide. That way I am sure of where I want them and I dont have to keep moving stuff around.

sneaky, here’s a fuzzy percula pic, but you can see the markings. all have exactly the same pattern

false, true, what??

a little clearer, ryan

Hmm looks like an Osc. clown but can’t tell if there is black trim like true percs. also depending on the kind of perc. I have only seen a few True percula Clowns and they were lighter orange and the balck trim was unmistakeable. Help me out guys? Need clarification…

[quote=“martinfaimly, post:11, topic:571”]
:Welcome) moliken hay icy i will help ya empty frag rack.lol also my tank will be up on site soon as well. glad there are more and more reefers close to us dover guys. means i can just buy more frags…[/quote]

Moliken was with me at the last meeting just incase you didn’t know.

:Welcome) AGAIN Paul. lOl

[quote=“moliken, post:3, topic:571”]
65 gallons, 2 months old, sump, skimmer, nova extreme lights, 65 lbs live rock, 25 lbs ls. rodi and red sea salt.
5 percs really small, 1 hifin goby, 2 fire shrimp, 2 peppermints [all have molted] 10 small zoas, briarium, rbta from ryan, candy cane and mushroom from last meeting. snails. unidentified critter in another post.

9dKh
8.2 ph
trites, trates, amm, phosphate 0
sg 1.026-.027
happy[/quote]

Paul,

Put a black on blue background on it. It will make it look a lot better in my opinion.

i plan to adhere some stars to the back w/magnetic plugs and hope they cover the glass, but a background in the meantime is not a bad idea. thanx