Patrickreef's Aquarium

My latest acquisitions.

Zoas from ASR
DSC00552[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr
or his pic
http://delreefclub.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=28&action=dlattach;topic=8992.0;attach=5236;image

DSC00550[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr
or his pic
http://delreefclub.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8992.0;attach=5243;image

Strawberry shortcake from Beadlocked
DSC00551[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

Candy apple purple from fellow hobbyist
DSC00549[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

Pink krak from a fellow hobbyist
DSC00548[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

That shortcake looks nice :-)###

[quote=“beadlocked450r, post:22, topic:7814”]
That shortcake looks nice :-)###[/quote]

looks just as nice in my tank as it did in yours. Will have to keep up on growth pics.

That guy is buying that light. I do have pendent mh if still interested

[quote=“beadlocked450r, post:24, topic:7814”]
That guy is buying that light. I do have pendent mh if still interested[/quote]

sending pm

Stay tuned tomorrow I have the day off work YahoO because 11 new corals will be arriving to their new home. I will document their arrival and see how long it takes before they are photo ready. Plan on using this thread to keep track of when I get corals how big they are initially and to see how much they grow with time.

Receive in my order from Mind Blowing Corals

DSC00562[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

DSC00558[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

Packed nicely heat packed taped to the top of the lid and extra space filled with crumpled newspaper.
DSC00559[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

What’s this I only ordered 10 corals and there are 12 2 freebies
DSC00560[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

Will grab pictures of the frags once they have a chance to open up all the way.

Ready to have my mind blown. ;D

JF Acid reflux
DSC00568[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

one of the freebies sour cherries
DSC00567[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

the other freebie Candy apple reds
DSC00566[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

Electric Ommpa loompas
the one I was most excited about. have treid to get ahold of them several time with no success. can’t capture their true buety in the picture.
DSC00565[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

The only sps I ordered. a Rainbow Monti. quite impressed with the colors and it had doubled in size from the WYSIWYG picture that I ordered from.
DSC00563[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

DSC00564[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

rest to follow…

Really nice stuff! What are you shooting with? Are you post processing at all?

[quote=“icecool2, post:30, topic:7814”]
Really nice stuff! What are you shooting with? Are you post processing at all?[/quote]

No editing. I take photos using my sony HDR-CX220 handycam. It allows me to get closer than my Nikon since I don’t have a macrolens.

The rest of my new corals.

green trumpet an add on because it was cheap
DSC00582[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

ultra gobstoppers once they open fully will need to do a side by side comparison of them to everlasting gobstoppers
DSC00579[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

ARC Woodstocks slightly different than the sunny D
DSC00578[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

Pink rainbows
DSC00577[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

JF Insane Rainbows
DSC00576[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

Rainbow infusion
DSC00575[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

Then I got blue Macaws but couldn’t get a decent picture. Will need to get better pictures for all. They were not in the area where I normally take pics.

Looked throu again but didn’t see what kind of lights you are using? And what kind you ordered? You have some awesome zoas. Love the pics. Keep them coming

[quote=“Gotasplinter, post:33, topic:7814”]
Looked throu again but didn’t see what kind of lights you are using? And what kind you ordered? You have some awesome zoas. Love the pics. Keep them coming[/quote]

I currently am using three 24 in panarama pro LED units by ecoxotic. I have been impressed with the lights only 1w LED and their life is not as long as I had expected. I have had to replace muliple strips and at $65 a pop it adds up. I have sveral that need replacing now so instead of sinking more money replacing I decide to buy the latest reef radiance lights which will be arriving this week finally after a month of waiting. I will then combine mycurrent 3 units down to 2 units and have them over my frag tank. I also want to experiment with MH lightin on my frag tank to see if there is a difference in growth and color in the sps and growth and polpy size for the zoas. I know most major retails use MH for these reasons.

You have some awesome zoas now and I hope they are doing well for you.

[quote=“Patrickreef, post:31, topic:7814”]

[quote=“icecool2, post:30, topic:7814”]
Really nice stuff! What are you shooting with? Are you post processing at all?[/quote]

No editing. I take photos using my sony HDR-CX220 handycam. It allows me to get closer than my Nikon since I don’t have a macrolens. [/quote]

That’s really impressive coming form a camcorder. Good to know…

[quote=“Patrickreef, post:34, topic:7814”]
I currently am using three 24 in panarama pro LED units by ecoxotic. I have been impressed with the lights only 1w LED and their life is not as long as I had expected. I have had to replace muliple strips and at $65 a pop it adds up. [/quote]
Do they run hot? You shouldn’t be going through them so fast. What’s going out on them?

Not sure what if anything can be attributed to them going out there are 12 lights on strip and they are wired in pairs so if one goes bad it cause two to be out. Bought two units about 3 years ago and have had to replace ever strip on one and almost every strip on the other bought a third one about 1 year and half ago and now several bulbs on it are out so I decided to look for something new. The replacement strip are better quality than the ones that come with the fixtures. They have a coating or lens on the lights where the other do not and I have not had any of the replacement strips burn out so far.

[quote=“Patrickreef, post:36, topic:7814”]

Pat what height are the lights?I have a friend who has bluelines and he had to send them back twice and they told him that his lights are too close to the water and the evaporated water was causing damage to the fixtures. :TWOCENTS

Do you have one of the busted ones? We should crack it open and see what happened. Too close to the water sounds like a crock to me. They know where they are being used and should be sealed.

The lights are about 16inches off the top of the aquarium. Would think that would be enough. Here is a burnt out light with no covering over it what came stock in the fixture.
DSC00587[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

Here is the new replacement strips they have a protective lense over the lights.
DSC00590[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

Some of my new pick ups

First Acros from CoralfarmerNY

DSC00617[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

DSC00615[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

DSC00614[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

DSC00613[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

DSC00612[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

DSC00609[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

DSC00608[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

DSC00607[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr

DSC00606[1] by phubbard26, on Flickr