September 16th Meeting

Our first meeting of the new year is getting close.

We’re looking for ideas for presentations, food, prizes, etc.

What do YOU want to see at your metings? This is your club, speak up, share ideas, what kind of ridiculous goldent ticket prizes do you want to see this year?

I have a suggestion. We have a lot of new reefers maybe an equipment overview for sps Lps and softies. Water parameters we should have and even lighting if there’s time. Just the basics to get you started.

I don’t think I can make it to this months meeting, but if people are interested, I can lead a aptasia zapper build session where people can make their own. Cost would be between $10-15 for people who want one. An introduction to soldering would be part of the class. Does anybody besides me have a soldering iron?

[quote=“bnelson, post:3, topic:6690”]
I don’t think I can make it to this months meeting, but if people are interested, I can lead a aptasia zapper build session where people can make their own. Cost would be between $10-15 for people who want one. An introduction to soldering would be part of the class. Does anybody besides me have a soldering iron?[/quote]

I'd be interesting in make one, and have, soldering iron, soldering gun and couple others.

[quote=“billrob71, post:4, topic:6690”]

I don’t think I can make it to this months meeting, but if people are interested, I can lead a aptasia zapper build session where people can make their own. Cost would be between $10-15 for people who want one. An introduction to soldering would be part of the class. Does anybody besides me have a soldering iron?[/quote]

I'd be interesting in make one, and have, soldering iron, soldering gun and couple others.[/quote]

+1. I would like to learn how to make one.

I have been asking for some one to make me one of these before!!! Guess I will do it under the watchful eye of a instructor. Sign me up!!!

I’m interested as well!

Another +1 from me. Looks like the October meeting has planned itself. :-)###

Sounds like a great idea for October.

I think this month is just going to be a BS session, some QA about our tanks, what we want to do as a club this year, etc.

We will pick up some nice frags for a raffle - but I really need ideas for GT items.

What kind of things do you want to see as GT items? Our limit is about $300.

Gift card to brs. Led lights, like reef breeders or comparible. Media pack Gfo carbon two part. Salt some ideas of stuff I like and would use lol

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:9, topic:6690”]
Sounds like a great idea for October.

I think this month is just going to be a BS session, some QA about our tanks, what we want to do as a club this year, etc.

We will pick up some nice frags for a raffle - but I really need ideas for GT items.

What kind of things do you want to see as GT items? Our limit is about $300.[/quote]

AIO pico tanks, Boxes of salt, dosing pump, BRS alk, mag, cal, giftcards are always good especially for livestock bc it might lead to a group buy.

A HOG algea scrubber might be good as well. Just set one up for a friend who can’t be trusted to do regular water changes. No results yet, but I’m exited by this new design. It’s much more space efficient than my scrubber. Here is a link:
http://www.santa-monica.cc/

[quote=“Pat B, post:8, topic:6690”]
Another +1 from me. Looks like the October meeting has planned itself. :-)###

I don’t think I can make it to this months meeting, but if people are interested, I can lead a aptasia zapper build session where people can make their own. Cost would be between $10-15 for people who want one. An introduction to soldering would be part of the class. Does anybody besides me have a soldering iron?[/quote][/quote]
Glad to see people are interested. I’ll start another thread later this month. Got to get through the wedding first :slight_smile:

I would also be interested in the aiptasia zapper. =) Is this going to be done at a meeting or on a thread?

[quote=“nerak, post:13, topic:6690”]
I would also be interested in the aiptasia zapper. =) Is this going to be done at a meeting or on a thread?[/quote]

At Octobers meeting. Anyone who wants one will get the chance to build one.

[quote=“bnelson, post:11, topic:6690”]
A HOG algea scrubber might be good as well. Just set one up for a friend who can’t be trusted to do regular water changes. No results yet, but I’m exited by this new design. It’s much more space efficient than my scrubber. Here is a link:
http://www.santa-monica.cc/[/quote]
That is a cool scrubber! I love how small it is. If I had one it would help compensate for the tiny fuge that struggles to keep up sometimes. Seems like a prize I would buy a ticket for.
They have a link and FREE licence for a DIY version on the site. Interested in building one? I have to look into it more but it can’t be hard.

How about tank of the month?or fish/coral/live stock of the month?

Does the club (officers) have an interest in holding an auction? It could be at one of our monthly meetings or if a 1 time thing at the annual frag swap. The DSAS holds one every month with fish, plants, equipment or anything hobby related in it. Any members of the club can put stuff in it and a percentage of the selling price goes to the club. It is easier for people like me who don’t want the hassle of taking pictures and posting a thread, replying to messages, whatnot. I have tons of stuff to get rid of and what better place than a meeting where lots of fellow hobbyists meet together. Post if you think this is a good or not so good idea. >IDEA<

Scott, you know we don’t really get that high of a turn out for our meetings. But if you willing to haul all the stuff you’re trying to sell, I don’t see why not. I’m sure our officers don’t mind.

I like the idea of an auction at the meetings.

Let’s discuss tonight and get a general feel for consensus. One of the things we’d need to be cognizant of is the people that have no interest in participating in the auciton, sitting around bored out of their skulls (even more so then when I’m talking) for an hour.

Tonight’s dinner item will be PIZZA YahoO PBJ! GolfC

Golden Ticket - SALT and Chemicals Bundle

And of course there will be FRAGS!!!

Anyone interested in cutting Bill, Ken, and I some slack and picking up snacks, soda, ice, paper products?