Time for a new logo!

Lol I hear ya, but it just eats at me mean while. One more reason to hate being poor. Especially when ATI comes out with a whole new line of bulbs to try out. As if the equation of possibilities was not complicated enough! lol

[quote=“icy1155, post:57, topic:896”]
Do you know what the wavelengths of those bulbs are? [/quote]

I think the aquablue’s are 12k and the blue + are 22k. I’m not sure about the pro color, but it has alot of red spectrum in it.

[quote=“Gordonious, post:59, topic:896”]
One thing I don’t like about T5s is you can switch a blue and tweak the color a little bit, lol. Give me options and OCD sets in. This set of bulbs makes this coral looks bluer, the other set makes this one brigher, and the third color combo really makes that one brown coral actually seem green. It’s a battle. [/quote]

Having so many choices makes it easy to achieve just the color you are looking for though. Once I find the combo that I like I won’t be changing it up. That is until the time comes to replace the bulbs again. LOL…

While you’re changing things up and trying out new bulbs I wouldn’t mind recycling the bulbs you decide you don’t like the color of. :wink: Perhaps I should see if I can get a more detailed list of all the colored bulbs you could try out so you can sample some more. :wink:

[quote=“Gordonious, post:64, topic:896”]
While you’re changing things up and trying out new bulbs I wouldn’t mind recycling the bulbs you decide you don’t like the color of. :wink: Perhaps I should see if I can get a more detailed list of all the colored bulbs you could try out so you can sample some more. ;-)[/quote]

Good one Jon, but I am pretty sure I am going to like the first combo. I do have a DE 150w MH bulb that was only used for 3 months. It was the one that came with the cadlights and I just couldn’t stand the color. I think it is supposed to be 10k, but it looked way too yellow for my tastes. I would be willing to part with it for a frag when my new tank is ready.

If Jon doesnt want that I may take it, depending on if I decide to try a DIY project or ten.

[quote=“icy1155, post:66, topic:896”]
If Jon doesnt want that I may take it, depending on if I decide to try a DIY project or ten.[/quote]

Sure. Just let me know and I will bring it with me to the meeting.

Sorry for hijacking your thread longballzz84.

if the tank is leaking from the bottom would that mean the seal is broken? its been up and running for about 2 months now and i came how today and their was water on the stand and it slowly leaked to the floor ran my fingers around the top brim of the plasic part and there is no water so i was thinking seal possibly leaking from bottom?

try this to find leak. dry each corner, bulk head, jionts ect with paper towel and shine flashlight up and down and all around. water will glizzen with bright flashlight beam. if after all exposed seams ect are checked then could be bottom seal crack on glass bottem ???

dont i have 2 get the sand and all out first? i gotta get some buckets in order to put it in right now i have a little bit of livesand and my live rock and my fish in a 25 gallon spare tanks i was going to go 2 homedepot 2morrow and try to buy some buckets and put my sand and water in them so i dont loose any than try to check the bottom how long does aquirum sealant take to dry?

i meant for you too check all the tank seams and joint you can before you take tank apart it could be other places than bootem. always do the easy checklist then go diggin deeper. would hate you to go though all that for a leaking pipe or something easily fixed. and if you just silicon over a leaking siliconed area it wont last long. look at the other leaking tank links here we just went though this for fishys tank

Silicone takes about 24 hours to fully cure. I am patching up holes in my tank right now using a glass pane and silicone. Putting weight on it and letting it sit for about 2-3 days before I test it. I also stabbed the silicone on the bottom seam with a razor blade so I threw a new bead of silicone over it just to be safe. Hopefully this tank holds water. I’d hate to lose about 200g onto my floor :frowning:

Goodluck with your tank, hopefully you can fix it. If it is a smaller tank >100g I would just look into replacing it.

thats what i was thinking about doing its a 55 gallon and i figure i can maybe just save the leaky 55 for when my bearded dragon gets big… idk i was looking at a 90 gallon but idk if there is support under it and idk if its so high “that it will block my moms pictures” who paints a whole room around 3 freakin pictures? that sounds rediculous 2 me

Agree with martinfaimly. Dry everything as much as possible and try to figure out where it’s coming from. Do you have anything HOB(Hang On Back)? Perhaps a filter is leaking. Do you have a skimmer cup that got too full?

Good luck,
Jon

im sure its not my filter because i can see water coming from underneath after i already cleaned it up

well i decide since my 55 has a leak ill save it for when my bearded dragon gets bigger! and as for a saltwater tank…im up sizing :slight_smile: a 90 gallon tank stand refugium overflows im trying to go the whole 9 yards >LOL< its only 350$ i figured thats a good pirce has everything but the lights

Sweet, I love it when things break, reason to upgrade!

and i also notices while moving everything to my 25 gallon that it looks like a nice tank to set up in my room to mostly run corals in just need to get a light fixture =)

Make the 25g a reef and the 90g a FO tank YahoO

nah i think 90 gallon reef and 25 coral only=) YahoO