Time for a new logo!

Warning, it will be Yuengling inspired

Is there any other way to be inspired?

HJack Thank god someone else realizes that one of the best lagers in the country is right in our backyard. :BEER

but the best pilsner is chezch

I like it. May need to be tweaked a bit. Where did you get that horseshoe crab idea?

Question of the day!

Since this is a contest, who votes for the winner? Am i assuming since no one other than an officer/mod subbmitted a logo that the club will vote?

i actually like the colors somewhat reversed …

al: i just seem to have heard it somewhere …

logo_crab_rev.png

I like the horseshoe crab. I was trying to put one in my logo, but couldn’t find just the right one to get it to work.

i take no credit for this one … but we do have permission to use it

Delaware beaches on the bay are major native horseshoe crab spawning grounds. much better than the shell oil scallop shell. Not a popular reef tank inhabitant, but very important to Delaware habitat. its good.

Hey guys sorry I got nothing, and looks like Ted and Andy have some great submissions going there. Tough choice.

Can’t go wrong with some Yuengling, sure beats Coors Light…uggh

tweak

Logo.bmp (205 KB)

tweak … that’s a lame way of nudging in an entry after the deadline :stuck_out_tongue:

no transparent background?

claiming my tweak …

logo_crab_sq.png

I like ATI bulbs. I am going with this combo on my new 95g.

ATI Blue+
ATI aquablue
ATI pro color
ATI Blue+
ATI aquablue
ATI blue+

I will post a pic when I get my fixture.

[quote=“ronert, post:52, topic:896”]
claiming my tweak …[/quote]

Not a HUGE fan of the colors but overall design I do like. Have you tried printing at .75" x .75" to see how it looks printed as letterhead / business card size?

the square one was done very quickly as a joke … the smaller font probably wouldn’t do well reduced that small, the rest would probably work.

as for the colors, they’re straight off of the DE state flag. i’m not sold on them either.

[quote=“Ento_Reefer, post:53, topic:896”]

ATI Blue+
ATI aquablue
ATI pro color
ATI Blue+
ATI aquablue
ATI blue+

I will post a pic when I get my fixture.[/quote]
That’s a lot of blue …

Do you know what the wavelengths of those bulbs are?

[quote=“ronert, post:56, topic:896”]

[quote=“Ento_Reefer, post:53, topic:896”]

ATI Blue+
ATI aquablue
ATI pro color
ATI Blue+
ATI aquablue
ATI blue+

I will post a pic when I get my fixture.[/quote]
That’s a lot of blue …[/quote]

It seems like it, but I saw a photo of a tank using this combo and it looked just right to me. The corals looked great their colors were really great. I tend to lean towards the 20k look.

One of the great things about T-5’s is that you can switch out a bulb or too if you want to tweak the color a little.

One thing I don’t like about T5s is you can switch a blue and tweak the color a little bit, lol. Give me options and OCD sets in. This set of bulbs makes this coral looks bluer, the other set makes this one brigher, and the third color combo really makes that one brown coral actually seem green. It’s a battle.

[quote=“Gordonious, post:59, topic:896”]
One thing I don’t like about T5s is you can switch a blue and tweak the color a little bit, lol. Give me options and OCD sets in. This set of bulbs makes this coral looks bluer, the other set makes this one brigher, and the third color combo really makes that one brown coral actually seem green. It’s a battle. [/quote]

Not for me… It much easier to stay with the bulbs you have if your broke :stuck_out_tongue: