TimH07 - me again, building a 75g/55 sump system now..

Dang that snail need to be snipped he is clouding the tank :slight_smile:

iā€™ve been trying to reduce the blue in my pics, i photoshopped this one to be more ā€œin personā€ color, camera is picking up too much blue

its still off but its better

ok i figured out how to adjust the white balance in my camera, here are two much less blue pics

ok so my 26g tank sold as did my 55g tanks stand so i took the money and bought this

i guess i should have asked opinions on it before i bought it but does anyone think thats a good one?

hey i have the same stand, canopy and lightfixture as u. i have a 75 but my tank is acrylic. all i can say is WOW at 55 gallon under that stand, no room for ANYTHING! i have a 20L sized refuge under there and things are tight, i also have a dart and lots of plumbing too! i tried to fit my light fixture on top of the canopy like that, and couldnt. did u mod it or something?

i did modify it, i screwed some wood into the side for it to sit on so the cooling fans cleared the rails.

my how fast coraline can grow!!

was bored so figured id post pics

Looking good! That is a ton of rock! When you have it fully stocked with corals, its going to be one packed tank!

mucho nice!

did some cleaning and a water change today.

looks better with less coralline algae on the back.

Looking really good! Do you still have the tomini? Canā€™t wait to see this tank a year from now!

yea man the tomini is fat and happy, your welcome to check it out in person, pm me when you have a free minute things are growing fine

looks cool, i think scraping off the back and sides is gonna waste time grows back fastā€¦ looks cool how again did u do that rock, pvp pipes right

i dunno if somene told u before, but acrylic absorbs water and expands over time. eventually ur baffles will expand and pop the seals on ur sumpā€¦

i just googled the hell out of it and canā€™t find evidence to support this, please link the location you read this?

i just pmd u a few links where people talk about it in a discussion. i have seen it happen before tho. also search acrylic expansion on google and you will see that acrylic expands. also talk to anyone that works with acrylic for a living, they will coaborate.

thanks for the links, i did actually have my baffles shy about 1/8 of an inch on each side and shimmed them with little pieces of eggcrate to hold in place while i siliconed them, i left them in, only 2 on each side of the baffles but i can easily grab them through the silicone and yank them out now that the silicone is holding the baffles strong.

thanks for the info, iā€™ll keep my eye on it, also they said its a very rare slim chance to happen and it happens with extruded acrylic not cast, of which i have no idea which i have i could find out from home depot.

changed out an actinic for a 10k today, tank was pretty purple once the coralline took over

a nice growth comparison (you can see the upward ridges of the first pic in the second one)

day after christmas update

Its time for an offical update on my build thread!

Just getting over a bad case of dinoflagelletes, started a new lime drip, and got new bulbs (newest one today) all Giesemann 4 actinic+ 1 pure actinic and 1 aquapink.

I might need glasses, I swear these were in focus when i took the pictures!!!