TimH07 - me again, building a 75g/55 sump system now..

i like that idea, just might do something like it on the frag system im doing now. i just drained it last night to modify some drain pipe. and the sump. dont have time for it right now, but i can leave the pipe unglued on the lower section to mod later. right now it dumps to a bucket of bio balls in what will be the fuge end of the sump. soon as i silcone in a baffle tonight.

dude, thats pretty creative! awesome idea!

newest pic,

on the day i go to transfer all the stuff over to the new tank, the nano spiked in temp (the reason i wanted more water volume go figure) and some stuff died in the rock, which is now causing a recycle in the new tank… joy. only 1 coral seems to be suffering though, while the others have taken the new home with stride.

not finalized on the aquascape but im running out of room also, thats about 155 lbs of live rock and 11 lbs in the sump.

out of curiosity… y so much rock? really, over double what u need in there… seems like u r losing a lot of open space, as well as water volume.

believe it or not the rock only displaced about 10 gallons of water, i took 2 buckets out of the sump as i added it.

as for rock, it was available, will better help the filtration, i plan on keeping at least 1 mandarin which are very finicky eaters and eat mostly pods, which you need plenty of rock for the pods to copulate.

i like the mass of rock look, too many tanks i see look way too barren with a small mound of rock in the center, also im more in it for the corals than the fish, i’ll have the token yellow tang maybe (6’ tank is more suited for them) and i have the nemo for my daughter but i want more exotic colored sps.

aside from the hair algae, i think it looks awesome. still hatin on those custome columns!

yea had a spent filter on teh initial fill up and no skimmer during cycle, its in there now and im doing my first water change this week.

picked up a new beauty today, Tomini Tang from DPA… very nice… named it Doc

a few pics, a few in the AM actinics only, the others full spectrum, just today i swapped out one 10k to another actinic so its 4/2 now less white in the day shift.

enjoy!

updated full tank shot, took out 2 10kk bulbs and put in a 460nm and a 460/420

some sump shots

float switches for ato

ATO resivior

Looking good. I like the tomini tang.

Sump picture, the water seems to be about an inch or so over your “line” - will that give you enough spill room if the power goes out?

I know I have my line marked abotu an inch lower then it needs to be so just curious.

funny, i underlined the words low line, i had arrows pointing to it, i tried to erase it because i adjusted the line when i put my ATO in, right now with a power shut off, it siphons out and leaves me an inch in the sump.

just picked up a “pokerstar” montipora, i love this thing

Im pretty sure thats a rainbow monti and not a pokerstar. A “true” pokerstar should only have green polyps where a rainbow will have red polyps near the growth edge that will change to green with growth. Both have a blue base.

Nice coral either way. I actually prefer the rainbows myself.

[quote=“logans_daddy, post:54, topic:1676”]
Im pretty sure thats a rainbow monti and not a pokerstar. A “true” pokerstar should only have green polyps where a rainbow will have red polyps near the growth edge that will change to green with growth. Both have a blue base.

Nice coral either way. I actually prefer the rainbows myself.[/quote]

i like them all, i have several monti’s the guy at ECA said it was pokerstar, probably saw the green and blue, i noticed the red but im no special monti expert, i know its that and nice looking, and 20 bux :BEER

well, since a piece of rainbow that size without lineage will cost you at least $50 id say you got a great deal!

Forgive me for being lazy and not reading the whole thread - but- did you get the stand and canopy from DPA also ?
I love it…and would like to get one also for my 75…

[quote=“hottuna, post:57, topic:1676”]
Forgive me for being lazy and not reading the whole thread - but- did you get the stand and canopy from DPA also ?
I love it…and would like to get one also for my 75…[/quote]

i did get it there, you wont be able to get that exact one again, unless charlie there still has the one on his freshwater tank, thomas furniture who made it went out of business.

im a picture junkie sorry for your luck!

my new pavona

my recovering long polyp acro, the stalk RTN’d on me

growth progress!

woah! somebody’s spraying grafittii on yr tank. last pic is hilarious.