Virtual Meeting and Tank Tour

Sounds like fun. I will definitely try to tune in.

1 Like

Just created my zoom acct. already to try this out.

1 Like

Next Saturday at 1 pm sounds good to me. Hopefully everyone participating has a camera filter to help show off their tank. Is there a time frame/structure you have in mind, Adam? For example…15 minutes for each volunteer to talk about their tank/livestock followed by 5 minutes of questions after each presentation?

That’s a good question. I haven’t really thought about it too much yet. That’s a good idea though. I’ll write something up for everyone to keep in mind. We’ll plan for 3 people during this meeting and then we can do another if we get more people together.

This is a great Idea, I will try to be available on Saturday but may be stuck working outside that day.
If I can’t tune one I would love to watch the recording .

I would also like to participate in a future meeting to potentially video my tank

1 Like

Getting an early jump. Ok how does this zoom work. What do I need to do on my end first.

1 Like

You’ll need to download Zoom onto your PC or phone. The instructions are below. Once you have the app installed I can PM my contact information if you would like to test it out. As mentioned you can use either the video or just the audio for a meeting.

There are a few ways to start a meeting. You can start a meeting with one of your contacts or start a generic meeting and send everyone a link. When you are dealing with a larger group it tends to be easier just to send everyone the link rather than add them all to your contacts.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that @SizzleFun!

We’re going to do a private Zoom meeting. I’ll send everyone (who says they want to join the meeting) an email with the link and password needed to join.

Adam, who is doing their tank first. If it’s not me that’s ok. Just need to know. I’m not that good on computers, I pads etc. just let me know.maybe someone who knows this stuff should go first? Whatever. My wife is very good at this stuff. So I could get by.

I’m interested also, but is there a reason it is only being limited to 3 people?

@SizzleFun is going to go first. It was his idea to do the meeting and he’s familiar with Zoom, so it should help get everyone else familiar with the process.

Great! I added you to the list. I figured 3 people doing a tour per meeting made sense. It’s open to as many people who want to join in as we can get. Just 3 presenters. If that goes well, we could do more for the next meeting.

I want to add, you do NOT need to have an account with Zoom to join the meeting. You can just join with the link we are providing.

Thanks Adam, that made it very clear.

1 Like

TODAY’S THE DAY!

I just sent a PM to everyone who expressed an interest in joining the meeting. If you want to join today, but didn’t get the PM please post here and I’ll send you the information. We are not posting it publicly so we avoid anyone joining and disrupting (it’s become a thing recently).

Guide for Tour Guides
These are just some general tips for those of you showing us your tanks

1. If you have a Orphek or similar lens that helps you take better pictures without getting totally blue images, please use it! Clean your tank glass too :slight_smile: If you have a look down box, this would be a great time to use it!
  2. You will have 15 minutes to tell us about your tank (give or take a few minutes). We want to know all about your setup! Show us your sump, your lights, your custom stand, your awesome thing that is unique to your system. Of course, we want to see inside your tank!
  3. Things you might want to be prepared to talk about: how old is your tank, how long have you been in the hobby, what’s your favorite “thing” in your tank?

This is supposed to be fun, nothing is set in stone. Just wanted to give some thoughts and ideas so you can be prepared. I’m looking forward to getting my reef on later!

Does anyone know how to get a camera filter for my iphone 10x to cut down on the blue when using just the blue LEDs?

The Orphek lens kit is great.

You can get it here from Amazon:

ORPHEK LENS – 2020 Kit for Smartphones – 4 Included: Macro, CPL 37mm Polarized, 15,000k Orange, 20,000k Yellow – For ALL smartphone models: iphone, samsung, huawei, google pixel, tablets and more! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZJX6JT9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xIEKEbTDKDKQH

I know John at @Frags2Fishes had them in store at one point. Don’t see them on his site though. Might be worth dropping him a note.

That was awesome! Thanks again @SizzleFun, @MarineMike5, and @Jessica for sharing your tanks. They all look fantastic. #reefgoals

We’re going to plan to hold another meeting in the near future just like this one and do some more tank virtual tank tours. Please let me know if you’d like to show off your system. I’ll post the video from the meeting in just a bit for those of you who couldn’t make the meeting today.

Here’s the video of the meeting! It’s currently hosted on my website (having some trouble with YouTube), but I’ll swap it over when they start working again. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Really enjoyed seeing the tours of the tanks, very interesting, and all your tanks look great. Looking forward to seeing the 180 gal build, please post pics of future progress.
Big thanks to our Pres for getting this all together.

2 Likes

When is the next one?