Volunteer thread

I couldn’t find an official thread so I’m starting one of my own.

I don’t think I’ll be able to get there till about 11, but I should be able to stay till the end.

I can work the door for a few hours, sell raffle tickets, or help people carry stuff to their cars. I’ll be there most of the day so I’ll help out however I can to make this a success.

There will be a sign up sheet online as soon as we get it 100 % sorted maybe today even.

We’ve added the following link on the home page to assist in tracking volunteers for the swap. If you’re able to help, please sign up below:

I would Craig, but there is no link. oooops

Well I just added the link to the above post, but if you’ll notice the original direction was to go to the home page to sign up oooops ;D

Ok,
Page worked… I’m in!
Careful what you ask for. :wink:

OK, I’m Batting Clean-Up!

Are we bringing lots of extension cords for power for the Setup?

I can bring a mag5 with hose to help empty tanks into a brute trash barrel on wheels, to then pump it down the sink at the far end.

Our lease requires we leave the place clean as we found it. how about lots of old towels, squeegy bottles of cleaner, and stuff for the clean up. we have to leave the place clean enoug to eat off of. It is a cafeteria. zoo juice aint too good to leave on a lunch table for the kids. and we have to take out all the trash.

Anything else we need?

I’ll be there early an leaving late so can help with set up and clean up

can i volunteer to do anything that’s not early or late? be glad to help out.

Sure can Paul, we’ll need people throughout the day to assist with raffles, selling tickets, towels, calendars, answering quesitons, cleaning up spills, taking out trash, etc.

[quote=“kaptken, post:7, topic:5151”]
OK, I’m Batting Clean-Up!

Are we bringing lots of extension cords for power for the Setup?

I can bring a mag5 with hose to help empty tanks into a brute trash barrel on wheels, to then pump it down the sink at the far end.

Our lease requires we leave the place clean as we found it. how about lots of old towels, squeegy bottles of cleaner, and stuff for the clean up. we have to leave the place clean enoug to eat off of. It is a cafeteria. zoo juice aint too good to leave on a lunch table for the kids. and we have to take out all the trash.

Anything else we need?[/quote]

great idea on tank emptying Ken ::thumbsup::

I have several extension cords varying in length from 25’to 100’,how many do we need?

Hopefully none but it never hurts to have them in the trunck just in case. Just make sure you put a piece if tape on them with your name so they do t get lost confused or otherwise misplaced.

No problem,I will be there early so I will have them with me,I will also be around to help upon the doors opening

I think we will need a lot of extension cords. I will be bringing several 25’, 50’ and 100’. many of the outlets could be 50 feet away or more from a table. depending how we set up. to make getting my cords back, at the end of the day easy. i got some yellow duct tape. i will put a big tab of it on both ends of the cord with my name in permenant magic marker on it.

We may need a bunch of these to create more outlets

hopefully everyone setting up a display will bring their own extension cords

[quote=“houndsbayman, post:16, topic:5151”]
hopefully everyone setting up a display will bring their own extension cords[/quote]

They were all told to.

hey i see some spaces available on volunteer spot still. is it too late to sign up for them?

Craig did you find out about the breaker how much amperage it is? I would also see if there will be a way for you to have access to it in case a breaker does trip.

Not sure if this was thought of but just to give an idea of how much amps may be used here is how you converts watts/volts to amps
watts divided by voltage = amps
so 110watt is equal to 1 amp. Since everything we run is 110v

[quote=“snupa, post:18, topic:5151”]
hey i see some spaces available on volunteer spot still. is it too late to sign up for them?[/quote]

Please do