Waterbox REEF 130.4 build thread

This looks really well done! Aquascape is top notch feeling like i need a new tank myself. …lol

1 Like

Hi Jessica. Tank is really nice. When you decide to go remote control, the Hydros 4 is the new King of aquarium controllers. You can check it out on CoralVue’s website. My unit, along with the wave engine, arrives tomorrow. I have been following the progress of this controller for some time and after comparing the top 3 go to controllers, this one IMO leaves the others behind. Definitely do tons of research and come to your own conclusion. I just feel the Hydros 4 is worth a look. No, I am not affiliated with coralvue and I spent my own money, unfortunately it wasn’t on sale. Reefing should be easy and breezy and this product takes easy to the next phase.

Happy Reefing.:sunglasses:

1 Like

New equipment came today-

Tripp Lite power strip with 8 outlets and GFCI plug
Two 300 watt Finnex titanium heaters
InkbirdSmart WIFI ITC-306A temperature controllers (I have one on each tank and they work well)

The tank is currently cycling without fish.

1 Like

I put together the HMS Single Arm Mounting Kit. The directions did not address that there are differences in mounting the newer generations AI lights compared to the older ones they were designed for. That was a pain to figure out!

Once I had it put together I tried to mount them on the back of the aquarium just to realize I don’t have enough clearance between the wall and the back of the tank to do so!!! :confounded::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::sob: I need about 4 inches of space but only have like 1 inch. I turned the feet backwards (pictured below) and it fits but the metal components of the feet end up sitting in the water…so that won’t work.

I DON’T like the way side mounting brackets or ceiling mounts look. So I’m looking into the The D-D Slimline Designer Bracket which are unfortunately considerably more expensive.

In other news I tested my nitrates yesterday and got a reading of 5-10 ppm! :tada: I ordered Seachem
ammonia badges to help me gauge were I am in cycle. I started the cycle a few weeks ago with 4 marine pure blocks from my other tank’s refugium, a new brightwell brick, and ghost feeding.

The new slimline designer brackets came in today. The plastic feet that rest on the glass are turned forward towards the water. The original brackets I bought had a big screw that stuck out backwards and didn’t fit between the wall and the aquarium.

2 Likes

Here are pictures of the AI Hydra 32HD finally mounted!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

Very nice setup :+1:

1 Like

Wow! :sunglasses: Looks really peaceful. I would become a tiny scuba diver and live there.

1 Like

That looks fantastic.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words. I was going to get new clownfish but I think instead I will move Ophelia and Homer (clownfish in nano) in there instead. Then I will wait a bit before adding their toadstool. Hopefully they won’t get too stressed.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

The skimmer has been running for about 10 days. It took less than 2 days to break in!

I got the opportunity to adopt a powder bluen tang from @hottuna and he is the first fish in the display. He is active and eating well. My plan was to quarantine fish but I didn’t have a big enough quarantine tank for this guy when the opportunity came up to get him…so I’m observing him for a good long time by himself before adding anymore fish. I’m going to treat the display with a prophylactic dose of prazipro with the skimmer off.

The MOST exciting update is that my sticker collection finally has a home :laughing:

2 Likes

Nice😎. Looks good.

1 Like

Good for you. Everything looks great.

1 Like

Funny thing. Inside of my left cabinet door I also keep my sticker collection

1 Like

I added a large CUC from Pacific East Aquaculture and an aquacultured flame tail blenny. The blenny immediately found a little rock hole to hide in. He keeps his head poked out most of the time. There was zero aggression from the PBT towards the blenny. I have yet to name either of them but I will.

1 Like

DIY lid made out of Plaskolite 24-in x 48-in louvered ceiling light panel covered by window screen. I used diamond cutters to cut holes for the light mounts and super glued the mesh to the ceiling light panel.

3 Likes

I know who’s designing my new tank.

1 Like