WTB Blue clam

Whatcha got?!

Looking for a clam…Clams direct is too much for shipping… I want a pretty blue! If anyone (for whatever reason) has one they want to get rid of lemme know!

If anyone sees some in a LFS (or a LFS sees this and has some) lemme know pls.

What’s shipping run?

[quote=“IanH, post:2, topic:1106”]
If anyone sees some in a LFS (or a LFS sees this and has some) lemme know pls.[/quote]

CALL before you take a ride, But I’m pretty sure I saw some at DPA yesterday.

[quote=“ronert, post:3, topic:1106”]
What’s shipping run?[/quote]

For $59 clam from clamsdirect a clam was…$59. BUT its still $59 if you get more than one clam…

you could check petco for cheap clams…they usually have little to medium size ones for pretty cheap.

Ian, we rode down to Pacific East Aquaculture today and they had several dozen blue clams that they had just got in. I didn’t price them since I’m not ready for clams. However, the cashier said that ground shipping to Newark is $15.

Hey John, that’s great thanks for the update! When I was down there a few weeks ago he was getting some in but didn’t have them yet and I hadn’t seen any on their website.

Still no pics on the site…I sent 'em an e-mail bugging them and Rachael said maybe by tomorrow they can get pics up.

They were nice. Cobalt blue with gold dots. I’ve read elsewhere that new setups should cycle for at least six months before trying clams. I’m in month 4.

Ian, I have that blue clam that I got a few months ago, very blue. I just got a coral beauty and he is picking at the clam. If it doesn’t stop soon, I’m going to have to get rid of one or the other. Frickin coral beauty is a jinx, week after I got him my midas blenny disappeared too.

dibs … lol

[quote=“jfischer182, post:11, topic:1106”]
Ian, I have that blue clam that I got a few months ago, very blue. I just got a coral beauty and he is picking at the clam. If it doesn’t stop soon, I’m going to have to get rid of one or the other. Frickin coral beauty is a jinx, week after I got him my midas blenny disappeared too.[/quote]

Def lemme know, got a pic of it? Which one do you like more? Bummer on the midas, I like those guys.

maybe check out Dr. mac this week too. he has a whole bunch of clams this week. remember we are in his $16 next day postal shipping range. i thimpk.

[quote=“kaptken, post:14, topic:1106”]
maybe check out Dr. mac this week too. he has a whole bunch of clams this week. remember we are in his $16 next day postal shipping range. i thimpk. [/quote]

Also, Dr Mac has a buy three for 169.99 Get three for $62 each with shipping …

[quote=“ronert, post:15, topic:1106”]

[quote=“kaptken, post:14, topic:1106”]
maybe check out Dr. mac this week too. he has a whole bunch of clams this week. remember we are in his $16 next day postal shipping range. i thimpk. [/quote]

Also, Dr Mac has a buy three for 169.99 Get three for $62 each with shipping …[/quote]

So you have to buy 6?

We are in his $16 shipping area but you have to be available to pick it up from UPS not doot to door delivery.

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:16, topic:1106”]

Also, Dr Mac has a buy three for 169.99 Get three for $62 each with shipping …[/quote]

So you have to buy 6?

We are in his $16 shipping area but you have to be available to pick it up from UPS not doot to door delivery.[/quote]

three = 3 :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“ronert, post:17, topic:1106”]

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:16, topic:1106”]

So you have to buy 6?

We are in his $16 shipping area but you have to be available to pick it up from UPS not doot to door delivery.[/quote]

three = 3 :P[/quote]

Lol could you be a little more specific, what exactly do you mean by “3” or “three” as you call it, I’m confused, do you mean 6?

TFP clams = pretty much poop, too expensive and VERY FEW were aquacultured or ORA, I saw some nicey nice ones on dr macs, but they are maricultured, i’d rather aqua…but…they were pretty

All maricultured technically means is that they were aquacultured in saltwater. When Mac says that its “maricultured”, he generally means that they were grown on the reef from aquacultured stock.

This is actually better than aqucultured for the reefs because it provides jobs to locals in the islands, which gives them a use and income from the reef other than fishing it to death.