DRC 2014 Frag Swap T-Shirts

Previously I started a thread and took orders. This gave me a solid idea of how many i was going to need. If 20 people pre-ordered shirts and the price break was at 25, I ordered 25 and used the remainder as raffle prizes, made them for sale, etc.

My suggestion would be. If 20 people want a shirt, they commit to buying one up front. If we know the price for 25, then we take that total divided by the total number of shirts pre-ordered. So the cost of the 5 extra shirts gets spread across the 20 people buying shirts. We can then try to sell the extras, use them for prizes, cut them up and make a flag, but the end result is the club loses no money on their purchase.

A while back, my old club talked and talked ab out shirts but never really pulled the plug on it. One of our original members decided to go ahead and do everything himself, design, costs, everything and never told anyone about it. I don’t know how many shirts he had made - I’m thinking 100+, had different sizes from small to XXL and had 4 different colors (grey, dark grey, black & white). He never told anyone how much money he forked out for everything, but he did say it was a considerable expense.

Since he did if for the club, the club decided on the cost of the shirts ($20) and then reimbursed him with the shirt sales until he broke even (I know he made some good extra $$ on that too), then he just gave the rest of the shirts to the club so we could do whatever with. We kept selling them and I know we made close to $1,000 on shirt sales alone at one of our year end meets.

The shirts were always a great seller - especially at meets. New people join the club and see them, they want in on it.

Our “premium” membership cost was $20 for the year and like most clubs we always tried to push folks into it by offering “CM” only raffles at meets, certain discounts on things, etc. We would also tell them if they got they bought a shirt up front, we’d only ask for $5 for the year for their premium membership. That was always a slam dunk.

I’m not saying DRC should do this, but it worked for my old club and decided I’d throw it out there.

How many members were in your old club?

Just got the Frag Swap posted on Craigs List in DE and South Jersey

CHECK IT OUT

Active members that actually participate - maybe 30, but probably a couple hundred people on there every once in a while and I would say the majority of those people are just folks that register so they can sell things.

[quote=“Sneeyatch, post:45, topic:7077”]
Active members that actually participate - maybe 30, but probably a couple hundred people on there every once in a while and I would say the majority of those people are just folks that register so they can sell things.[/quote]

Sounds like DRC, but little less on active participant.

Rob, can we put more than one sponsor on the shirts? Also, maybe we can start policing our club members to see who wants one, so that we know where were at. Unless the design is not set yet for everyone.

That’s ok. DRC is still relatively young right? HRRC’s is 10 years old now I think. Participation is what it’s all about IMO. Without it there’s no club.

Actually believe it or not Todd, DRC is in its 10 year this year…from what I’ve been told. But you’re right on members participation.

A. Yes we can put more then one sponsor on the sleeves.

I’ll start a poll now for shirt purchase.

[quote=“Faralon, post:50, topic:7077”]
A. Yes we can put more then one sponsor on the sleeves.

I’ll start a poll now for shirt purchase.[/quote]

Cool Rob. I’m guessing that the logo will be large enough to see if we have more than one on the sleeves?

A. Yes we can have more than one per sleeve, and they appear to be sized well enough to be seen easily, yes.

So if we are able to get more then one vendor/sponsor to commit to being on the T-Shirt, there is room.

I was able to play with the logo and clear out the center circle to show thru the shirt…what do you guys think??

The blue colors will all match up upon final printing…the color “Royal Blue” will be used for all of that color. The DRC Logo and the FRAG SWAP letters appear to be different shades currently.

This is “YOUR” T-Shirt too, so if anyone has any recommendations, feel free to provide some input.

Thanks Rob. Well see which sponsor wants in. Also, I really do like the shirt now. Awsome! will it cost more for all that design?

I like it!

In the poll, we have 17 shirts requested. So with that…

20 T-Shirts at the current design are: $17.26ea. $345.20 total.
Sponsor logo cost would be: $140 minimum. More if we would like them to pay for a %'age of the shirts.

25 T-Shirts at the current design are: $15.73ea. $393.25 total.
Sponsor logo cost would be: $175 minimum. More if we would like them to pay for a %'age of the shirts.

The price does NOT change if I take away all the text on the back.

Well, Marty got back with me and we’re good with the price. However, we’ll see about sponsor’s input and if we do have one or some, maybe that would help lowering the cost to people who will buy the shirt/shirts.

Also, if we go with 50 shirts and sell them to who ever wants one now, what’s left we will sell at the swap and try to make some money from it.

Can we chose some more colors for the shirt or we’ll have to stick with one color?

more of larger sizes is important too. we reefers are a “Healthy Lot”.

Hahah, I hear ya Ken. A. I’ll contact them to see if we can do multiple colors per order, or if each color has to be separate. My guess is that each color will have to be a separate order (aka we’ll have to decide on one color as a group). But we’ll see… I’ll let you know.

I stand corrected, we CAN order multiple colors per order. However, the logo CANNOT change. So you want to make sure you select a shirt color that goes well with the image/logo.

Here is a good example of a color to NOT pick:

Orders take 2 weeks to fulfill as an FYI.

If you are interested in seeing the current logo in another color, let me know. I can change it and post it for you here with no effort at all. This goes for everyone, not just A.