DRC BBQ 2009/Eating meat

just dawned on me. home page says 'Next Club Event August 29, 2009

The DRC BBQ will be on Saturday August 29, 2009 at 4pm at the Gordon’s.

This will also be a combo tank tour as well for those interested. "

As if there are people who don’t wanna see the tanks and are just going for the food! :think)

Lol, not sure which one of the moderators typed that.(might have been copied from something I said even.) Regardless we can get together to talk tanks and eat food. At the last BBQ we hung out outside for many hours and just as we were about to leave Shawn, logansdaddy, invited us in for a second to take a look at his evolving creation which impressed everyone.(However I believe what he has done now is leaps and bounds beyond what he had before and it may be time for another tank tour, but that’s a different story)

There really isn’t too much to see tank wise, at my place.(do to both limited time and budget) Lots of tanks, but nothing really spectacular in them. Like I said before there isn’t much fish, no rockscapes(well there was one in my eels tank, but he bull dosed it over twice), and filtration is pretty basic(practically none on most tanks.

As long as we can eat, bs and see corals I think we’ll all be pleased!

Only a couple of days left!

Of course this event would have to come right after a major tank install at work.(well I have only spent one day on the job, but the rest of the day I’ve been covering double routes) I was hoping to have a new prop tank installed as well as new bulbs on several tanks. Now I am hoping I can find time to wipe a viewing window in the glass.

Updated list:
( / = received directions )
Currently attending: - bringing
/Gordonious + 1 - condiments, cup cakes, and baked beans
Armco + 2
/kaptken - grills
Jcling + 1
/Ento_Reefer + 1 - home made mac & cheese
/Moliken - veggie dogs
/Jocephus + 3 - tater salad
reefzig + 1
bugbabe623 - potato chips and tostitos
/xwhatmeworryx - garlic pretzels
bz350 + 1
TimH07 + ?
RBTA + 1 - something
billrob71 + ? some sodas
/IanH
(club will be purchasing paper plates, and utensils as well as burgers, hot dogs, rolls, and buns)

~ 28

Possible:
Charlie
tom-annette
TimH07
alemab3
a1amap
logans_daddy + 1

We still need volunteers to bring:

• 2L bottles of soda
  • Iced tea and fruit juice
  • Desserts
  • Veggies?

I’m 90% I’ll be there, no +1 though. I think I can bring something that covers veggies and people will actually eat it!

[quote=“IanH, post:65, topic:1913”]
I think I can bring something that covers veggies and people will actually eat it![/quote]

Neither hops nor barley count as veggies!!!

Danny you suck!

Ok, well I’m not yelling at another reefer, so don’t worry the prez hasn’t finally lost his mind. It looks like Tropical Storm Danny will be arriving in our area on Saturday with 75mph winds. Less then ideal conditions for an outdoor BBQ. While I did not think things would be too crowded before having everyone inside… might be a little tight.

These things are very difficult to predict and it has lots of time to (Poop) out to sea, so we could still have a perfectly sunny day, but just wanted to let everyone know to keep tuned to the thread for info as time gets closer.

It stinks because I have a feeling a rain date may not fit everyone’s schedule. Sunday is one possible rain date, but the current forecast calls for scattered T-storms on both Saturday and Sunday.

Keep tuned to this thread.

Pssssh 75mph…you can grill burgers in that! C’mon weather man Jon!

I can bring some sodas

well, we can track Danny. just click on Danny for the recent forecast, and paths.
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Thanks billrob and everyone else who has volunteered to bring stuff… if the event happens.

Everyone please shoot me PM messages to let me know if you will still be able to make it if we move the event to Sunday or if you would have to back out. Also if you know already about next weekend let me know in the PM as well.(though seeing as next weekend is a holiday weekend and many schools will be in session, I have a feeling next weekend might have half the turn out.)

Weather channel says 40% chance of rain and winds at 13 kts. Not too bad, that’s just about everyday in July/August.

On a separate note, anyone interested in deer meat? I have packaged venison burger and chip steak that I don’t think we’ll get through before november. Anyone interested, let me know and I’ll bring to the BBQ.

Joe

Okay, so they changed it to 60% on the rain. Are we rescheduling this thing?

Ditto, I’d like to know to so I know whether or not to make food! (or get my mom to…)

Scattered T-Storms High
80°F

Precip
50%

Wind: From NW at 8 mph
Max. Humidity: 80%
UV Index: 6 High
Sunrise: 6:28 AM ET
Avg. High: 83°F
Record High: 98°F (1953)

Isolated T-Storms Overnight Low
68°F

Precip
30%

Wind: From SW at 4 mph
Max. Humidity: 86%

Sunset: 7:39 PM ET
Avg. Low: 62°F
Record Low: 42°F (1986)

less bad than earlier, more gooder therefore. riptides in rehoboth tho.

If I don’t hear anything by around four o’clock, we will be a no-show. I don’t want to go buy the stuff to make food for thirty if we aren’t sure we’re doing it.

Sorry for the slow response everyone. Really didn’t want to move the event date, but I just don’t see it happening. It would be pretty crowded inside our little home on top of the fact that we had hoped to keep all the food to the kitchen and outside.(we are renting and the carpets are tan) I also don’t really see grilling outside going to well either. It is just not going to work at our place this weekend.

Sunday doesn’t look great either so currently we are rescheduling for Saturday September the 5th. I realize this is Labor Day weekend and may hurt attendance, but other then canceling the event entirely we have no choice.

Please send me a PM letting me know if you will still be able to make it on Saturday Sept. 5th, so we know how many we will be expecting and how much food to have ready.

Good call, Jon. Looks like the weather is going to be lousy.