March meeting

And by the way, Fish Bowl (Mike) does offer 10% discount for club members. Just show your membership card.

A -

Will I get mine if I show up? I think I’m in need of a bigger heater… 10% goes a long way.

Not eating for a 12 hour shift is not an option. We will have to see what happens Monday, if I drive right there I would get there a little after 8 ::thinking::

[quote=“Sneeyatch, post:62, topic:7173”]
A -

Will I get mine if I show up? I think I’m in need of a bigger heater… 10% goes a long way.[/quote]

I guess Marty didn’t mailed them to you. I’ll just let Mike know that you’re a premium member and you haven’t gotten your card yet. Hopefully the card is in the money box when it shows up at the meeting Monday.

[quote=“Pat B, post:63, topic:7173”]
Not eating for a 12 hour shift is not an option. [/quote]

You’ve got about as muich chance of whithering away as I do. Bring a pack of crackers that you can eat at your desk.

One of the better foremen I had worked for once told me ," You can take a no lunch, but that doesn’t mean you can’t eat" Smart man.

I would say over 90% of the time I eat right at my desk, just like now. Problem comes when I have to babysit them running some checkouts. It’s not too bad, I should get 20 or so hours of overtime for the week. After taxes that equals :TWOCENTS

Is the start time for the meeting 7pm?

Yes, 7pm. Sorry, I forgot to mention it.

Too bad, I would like to come but will be out of town.

The algae scrubber presentation came out really well, will we have a wall/screen to project on?

CU all tonight!!

[quote=“bnelson, post:71, topic:7173”]
The algae scrubber presentation came out really well, will we have a wall/screen to project on?

CU all tonight!![/quote]

Yes we do.

Had a great time tonight. Met more folks and it’s great to put faces to names. The intros at the beginning was a great call. Easier on us new guys!

Had a good time at the meeting. Good to see some new members there. YahoO

Very informing presentation given by VP Bryan. Thanks

A big THANK YOU goes out to Mike at the Fish Bowl for the use of the second floor. ::thumbsup::

Nice frags for the raffle, hope all the frags grow out healthy.

Once again great turn out and great meeting. Thanks everyone for attending the meeting tonight. Love seeing new faces, making new friends and talking to lots of people. And can’t say thank you enough to those that join us as premium members.

Thanks to Bryant for very informative presentation about ATS (algae turf scrubbers) systems, pros and con of using one and how to build one.

Also, thank you goes out to Mike and his crew at the Fish Bowl for letting us use his store to host our meeting.

Congratulation to Jim for winning the Eshopp S120 protein skimmer, good luck and enjoy its use.

Looking forward to next month meeting.

Damn - looks like it was a great meeting. Wish I didn’t have to miss it (stupid job >::: )

Looks like there was a great turn out.

Bryant, do you have a copy of your presentation? I was really looking forward to learning more about these since I no longer run a fuge.

I enjoyed the meeting and learned quite a bit. It seems dangerous for me to attend meetings at the LFS. I broke a big rule and made an impulse buy on a fish. I really hope I don’t regret it. Also picked up a super bright acro from his hidden back room. (I would have missed that room had I not seen others coming out.

Still trying to find the correct name for this fish. So far I have looked at a dozen books and hundreds of online pics. Hope to figure it out soon. It was labeled “yellow tail wrasse” and owner said reef safe, gets 4", doesn’t see them often.

was it a Yellowtail Tamarin Wrasse?

If not how about a pic

[quote=“Cdangel0, post:76, topic:7173”]
Damn - looks like it was a great meeting. Wish I didn’t have to miss it (stupid job >::: )

Looks like there was a great turn out.

Bryant, do you have a copy of your presentation? I was really looking forward to learning more about these since I no longer run a fuge.[/quote]

I could have made it to the bowl at about 8:55… I hate working late.

I would however like a copy of the presentation too. YahoO

Great job with the club overview, benefits, events, and intro’s A.

Great job with the presentation B.