Rosti's Coral Reef Ecosystem

Thanks Rosti, for the info on the RedSea Reef Care Program kits, I checked out the videos and they look much better then the API and even the Salifert kits I have. I have order all the Test kits and will order the additives next month.

Time for rainy day in Delaware pictures
BTW any one had chance to read “Trace Elements” article in latest CORAL mag? good article!

IMG_4865.JPG

IMG_4873.JPG

why are we limited by only 5 pics at a time?

IMG_4888.JPG

IMG_4905.JPG

Finally got around to install 1’’ sea-swirl by AC from marinedepot, only problem is I didn’t realize that my return is 3/4’’ and not 1’’, i didn’t feel like exchanging it so found reducer at homedepot. Works great and doesn’t blast away at same place.
While taking pictures i noticed my sea urchin cruising around at day time, what a treat.

Everything looks great Rosti ::thumbsup::

Awsome Rosti. Great looking corals. Continual success for you!

Great looking reef Rostis!!

Looking good Rosti.

Thank you everyone. Sorry I missed meeting tonight, i had to pick some one at Phily airport at 7pm.

What an amazing and educational hobby this is. This little acro crab is leaving in one of the colonies.

IMG_4996.JPG

IMG_4998.JPG

amazing camouflage!

One of my favorite times to look at tank is at 6 am before going to work, and I am always amazed by polyp extension. So this morning I took few shots with flash.

IMG_5006.JPG

Interesting to watch urchin cruising around and Tail Spot Blenny investigating it.

Rosti, do you feed the urchin? if so with what? is that the orange eye and the kind of urchin that eat all coraline algae in your tank?

[quote=“reefman66, post:175, topic:2892”]
Rosti, do you feed the urchin? if so with what? is that the orange eye and the kind of urchin that eat all coraline algae in your tank?[/quote]

They are herbivore, I don’t offer it anything. What ever algae it can eat is fine with me. I do watch it make sure it will not start to loose it’s long spines.

[quote=“Rosti, post:176, topic:2892”]

[quote=“reefman66, post:175, topic:2892”]
Rosti, do you feed the urchin? if so with what? is that the orange eye and the kind of urchin that eat all coraline algae in your tank?[/quote]

They are herbivore, I don’t offer it anything. What ever algae it can eat is fine with me. I do watch it make sure it will not start to loose it’s long spines.[/quote]

I have pencil urchin and they are suppose to be herbivore as well, but I also notice it starting to eat my coraline algae off the rocks as well. And I was wondering if yours is doing the same as mine. So I was thinking to maybe tie some seaweed on a rock at night for it, so that it will be feed only on vegie stuff rather than my nice and purple coraline algae.

Or does anyone reading this thread know anything about urchin. I read on the net and in books and all said that they are herbivore and maybe coraline algae depending on type of urchin. What is true?

I waited few month untill Liveaquaria gets this frag in stk. Finaly got it today. It’s about 1 inch high.
Purple Polyp Green Birdsnest Coral - Aquacultured (Seriatopora hystrix)
and it’s on sale

Looks nice. Liveaquaria usually has some nice stuff when I look there. Still have not bought from them yet tho.

1 year old update, some day i get a better video camera than i-phone